nikki420chic

Nov 9, 2006
just need some input boys and girls ...i recently bought my 2000 XR200R and i love it but i want to get a exhaust for it but the guy i bought it from said theres no exhaust for that bike but i know thats b/s just need to know where and how much the exhausts for my bike are and ill pick one up ...i'm thinking of putting a k&n air filter on to what else should i do? thanks for the input guys :)

Nov 25, 2006
high flow filter is smart... They DO make exhaust for it... a few companies, i have never put a pipe on a 4st., but you might gain at least 1-2 hp, most of it in throttle response.

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
FMF Power Core muffler, $235
Pro Curcuit T-4 Silencer, $310
Super Trapp Racing Series Exhaust, $220
XRs Only Competition Header, $90
XRs Only, various tips and inserts, $20-$50
Big Gun Complete System, $420

That's about it. I did see something about a Cobra system, but was unable to find it at their website. The Big Gun seems the way to go!

XR250rdr

May 27, 2003
Open up the airbox, replace the stock filter with a UNI or Twin Air, a pipe, and rejetting is your best bet. Beyond that your best bet is a big bore and cam from Powroll, but thats pretty expensive.

With as much dirt that passed with the K&N I used to have on my truck there is no way I'd use one off road.

highmileage

Jun 17, 2004
You have some good suggestions. The exhaust, cam, and jetting is a really good first step. The XR200 is actually a really good and capable little bike. Jump on the XR80-200 forum on Thumpertalk and search and read for days. It will be a really good investment.

Top Bottom