TrackMaster2

Dec 1, 2003
Hey guys, im turning to you (once again), i want to know what you think, i have a 1993 cr125 that is in great condition and i really like, i am really comfortable on it and am actually kind of fast on it for just beginning motocross, i want to put a pro circut works pipe on it, a pro circut 304 race cap silencer, vforce, a port n polish, and race tech fork springs and a race tech rear shock spring, do you guys think that would be worth it or should i just save for a new bike? lots of people tell me that i should get a new bike but i would have to go bikeless for a long time until i get the money, and i am really comfortable and can ride my 93 right now, so let me know. thanks. p.s., if i get a new bike it wouldnt be until im 16 probley and i really love my bike and motocross and would kill myself if i had to go without the sport for 2 1/2 years.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Maybe I am crazy, but I say keep what you have. Why buy a new bike unless you really have something in mind you would improve upon?

TrackMaster2

Dec 1, 2003
THANK YOU! your the first person ive heard that said keep the bike i have, i really wanna keep mine but everyone was tellin me to get a new bike. and hell no your not crazy lol. thanks

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
I agree, keep the bike. But, don't put your money in the pipe, reeds, silencer. Instead, make sure the bike is in top shape, i.e. new top end, tires, chain and sprockets etc. Do the springs if your weight requires it. Start now and save a little money as you go, in two years you can buy a newer bike and then put money into it on after market items. You may not have the newest bike, but at least you have one. Enjoy what you have and keep in good condition.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Originally posted by TrackMaster2
THANK YOU! your the first person ive heard that said keep the bike i have, i really wanna keep mine but everyone was tellin me to get a new bike. and hell no your not crazy lol. thanks

The reason I said it was this. At our local track, there is a guy that has three 92 CR's. One of each size. The bikes all look brand new and are in incredible condition.

The guy is a good rider. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen him pass people on newer bikes. I believe the factories have had this motocross thing figured out since about 1990. Since then the bikes have improved, but nothing like they improved between 1980-1990.

TrackMaster2

Dec 1, 2003
well, i think ill keep it but id like to do some stuff to it espesically if im gonna be racin those 250f's. i went to eric gores site over there on the left side of this site and my birthdays comin up and i was going to get a port n polish, do any of you guys have those in your bike? i mean ive heard a lot of good things about eric gore but what alls the port n polish do? like more power than a vforce or pipe or somethin like that? thanks

TrackMaster2

Dec 1, 2003
well, i think ill keep it but id like to do some stuff to it espesically if im gonna be racin those 250f's. i went to eric gores site over there on the left side of this site and my birthdays comin up and i was going to get a port n polish, do any of you guys have those in your bike? i mean ive heard a lot of good things about eric gore but what alls the port n polish do? like more power than a vforce or pipe or somethin like that? thanks. oh yeah and i was going to get the head mod. also.

Top Bottom