breel19

Jul 25, 2007
new bike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
5'11 220
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
Very phsyical, mildly aggressive
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? all
4) Do you have any riding experience?
Yes
5) Do you think you will race ?
Maybe
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
Yes
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
Like honda and like four strokes but open to anything
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
IDK no more than $4000 used obviously a new bike is more
10) Do you live in California?
Nope
11) Your age?
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
i'm strong and weight doesn't bother me have a 91xr200r but have had alot of problems since buying it used off someone looking to buy new bike with speed and ability to handle my weight off jumps thanks for your help and opinions

Last edited:

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
I think a CRF250 R/X will do you good if you want a honda 4-stroke.. And 450 might be a bit much...

you coulc also get a honda XR(something CC, probebley 400?) since the XR wont be as fast or light as the Crf250.. And the XR will weigh more, and yes, be alittle slower, but it will be very low maintence and almost bullit proof.

the CRF250 X/R requirew a good bit of meaintence. (adjusting valves).. and some othge things...

Now the CRF250R is lighter, faster, and is made for racing, While the CRF250X is made for off roading, and trails... And both would do ok in the other inviroment.

But if you wanted to brak off of honda you could get a Yamaha WR250 (off road verson) or a YZ250F (racing style)...

And much mush more... but i have to leave or i could go on..

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I ride my crf250r in the woods. It does fine, but stalls easily. I'm sure a heavier flywheel would help with that.

breel19

Jul 25, 2007
Thanks for your help and I have been looking at around and I will probably do more woods than track also I saw a 01 yz250 for like 2400 and cr250rs for around the same so which do you is better for more track than woods but can still jump

Top Bottom