jinx

Oct 6, 2003
Hey guys, I've been outta dirt biking for a while now but would like to get back into it. I was wondering what size bike would be better, a 125 or a 250. I weigh 160lbs and will be doing woods and eventually get back into MX.

thanks

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
Your probably going to end up getting this post moved to the What Bike forum, but till then... on to your question! If you've been out of riding for a while, I think you'll be pretty impressed with how far technology has come. A 125 is quite a fast bike. The only reason I see to ride a 250, is if your pretty good and absolutely in control of a 125 at full power. Or if your a desert rider. Or if your compensating, for, well... anyways!

A 125 is plenty of power for most people, and is definitely easier to ride. They are a bit more nimble, and despite what some people think, can make an excellent woods bike. And with good maintenence can be quite reliable. My YZ has been nothing but perfect for me. In since it being new, its fouled one plug. Thats the only mechanical failure I've had. Having ridden both 125's and 250's, I think its easier to feel at home sooner on a 125. 250's are awesome too, but you definitely have to be disiplined and keep your twister under control, they'll get away from you real easy! So my $.02 would be go 125, its more than a enough bike to have an AWESOME time!

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
How tall are you? If you are going to do mostly woods/trails and a lil play MX i recomend the KDX, but if you're serious about MX then get a 125 or 250 thumper.

drk98

Mar 30, 2002
I highly recomend the KDX, probably the 200. It is a little more race friendly than the 220, but is still awsome in the trails. You might not have the fastest bike on the track but it beats riding a 250 on the trails. You can always put a FMF pipe on it. Check out Canadian Dave's just KDX forum for info and hop ups.

If you want to spend some cash you can look into a KTM 200 or 300 EXC or MXC.

Top Bottom