kendallwt

Nov 10, 2003
I've been riding my suzuki katana 600 motorcycle for two years now (about 10,000 mi.) and I'm looking to buy a dirt bike. I'm 6'1" and about 210lbs. I want to make sure I get a big enough bike but I'm new to the game so I don't want to get something over my head. I was thinking 250 but I don't know if that's too big. Please help. Thanks.

drk98

Mar 30, 2002
Well maybe thats over your head. Not in you yard but on a track it probably is. Are you going to ride track or trails? I know a Katana's powerful but dirt is a lot different than pavement. Do you plan to compete?

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hey Kendal: What is your ability level on the Katana? Do you participate in riding the rear wheel, how about stoppies.... Are you more of the "laid back" and cruise type who never really see peak HP on the Kat or do you REALLY like to turn it loose and feel the goose? If your a HP addict the 250 will serve your weight and size well - enough "umph" to really make you smile!! The 125's are fun but you really have to ride the "band" to enjoy them (especially folks over that 160 pound mark) and that can get tiring in the woods!! If your a "laid back" (nothing wrong with that) perhaps a 4 stroke trail bike wouold serve you better - just look in your heart and be honest with yourself, buy the type of bike that fits the type of rider you are!!!!
Woodsy

Top Bottom