gthoma23

Apr 24, 2008
Does any1 know how to measure the spring rate?

I bought a spring off of ebay, and the guy said it was a 4.9kg/mm. he said it was the stock one off a 2006 RM125. It is bright red just like the stockers. But after goin through both Race Tech and MX-Tech, they both said that the stock spring rate for a '06 RM125 is 4.6kg/mm.

the guy said the shop measured it and said it was a 4.9kg/mm. so i'm wonderin if this is goin be the right spring rate for me, with is 4.9, does any1 know how i could tell if this guy knows what he was talkin about, or just blowin smoke. And does any1 know the stock spring rate for a '06 RM125?

thanks

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Can't help you cause I don't know about your 125 for sure (service manual is a good purchase, Suzuki has a good one.) My '03 250 (KYB) has a 4.9 stock. The stock one was red, I only go 155lbs and put a 4.6 on it. Sorry, I'm not selling the stock one... I think your 125 runs Showas anyway...?

gthoma23

Apr 24, 2008
actually, i have an '03 CR250. but since the RM125 has a showa shock, the springs will match up. so gettin the manual would kinda be a waste of money for me... :laugh:

and that's crazy they went from Showa to KYB's, back to Showa. is that cause they liked the Showa better? i always hear that the Showa's are really good, but KYB is such a huge company that builds amazing stuff for cars (use to work on them before i was introduced to 2 wheels.) and Yamaha is still running them, so they have to be good.

and am the only one that thinks it's funny that showa make red shock springs for the yellow machines, and yellow springs for the red machines? always confused me. :yell:

Top Bottom