gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
I sat around the other night, and started adding up the things I bought for the trip, and the stuff i needed to keep the family dry and COOL.

1) traded in the old travel trailer for a new one.
2) had a class 3 hitch put on the back of the new 5'ver
3) one new yamaha 3000 genset.
4) velcro's new KTM 250EXC,( wont stop growin!)
5) 4" exh, on the cummins truck
6) AFE phase 2 intake
7) Banks six gun.

and the list is by no way finish!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Some folks spend very little. A few bucks for gas, a tent and a plate/fork to beg with. :ride:

I remember a picture of someone stuffing a diassembled bike in a Dodge Neon for the trip to Casey a few years back.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
I'm gonna have to tear one bike down as well too! :bang: to bring a family of four, and three of them are riding, and a tent is out of the question, it tends to raise some pretty BIG issues for us. :eek:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Funny you should post ... I have been thinking about this thread for the last few days, coupled with Okie's comment that Stillwater wants info for their website.

One way to improve the dirtbike community's relationship with the unwashed would be to document the economic benefit that an area and/or town receives as a result of an activity (in this case, DW).

I need to muse on a way to document the economic benefit, so we can tout it.

Regarding your tent comment ... Get a BIG tent! I am bringing the tent I got from junkjeeps ... 16x35. It will sleep a bunch of folks and with any luck I will find a quiet generator, so we can have AC! :nener:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Nice Guy Eddie said:
Won't the money you save on a tent be used up by the generator?

Eddie, you need to come to DW and see Camp Tejas ...
The legend continues to build. :laugh:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
If my laptop hard drive hadn't died yesterday I'd post pictures of the neon and the 380. If I remember correctly he pulled both wheels, gas tank, fork tubes and handlebars off. He then pulled the passenger seat and bolted tie downs to the seat bolt holes. He only drove about 2000 miles like that :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Tents are fine, chip in on food, ice and drinks and you are there. Gas is gonna cost me the most this year, I'll just eat less!

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
since we got a trailer this year, and momma wanted to go,( at least she said yes), I have to drag the trailer as opposed to fighting for a hotel room. i do enough of the tent thing with the boys during the year for scouting events. I need a real bed.

Top Bottom