millennium

Dec 10, 2003
I am 5' 10", weight 189 lbs
I am considering one of the following bikes: WR450F or a CFR450R. I plan on using the bike mostly off road, but not racing. I want a bike with lots of power. I plan on making either bike street legal. I have experience on motorcycles but not racing them. I ride my bike hard but not crazy. Any thoughts on either bike would be greatly appreciated.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
I know ZERO about the WR, but I think the CRF is the BEST bike EVER built! I'm VERY partial to it and would HIGHLY recommend it!

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
from what ive heard both bikes are awsome, i think the only difference will be that the WR already has some of the things that you will need to make it dual purpose.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
The only thing that I think that the WR has that you need to Dual sport is the lighting coil. The tail light does not have a break switch on it and I don't think the head light is D.O.T. legal. To me it would realy depend on what you ride. What would the ratio of on to off road be? The WR would proably do better IMO for longer road trips. Due to the Wide Ration tranny ( you would not have to stay at a high RPM to cruise at any kind of speed like you would with the CR). The CR would do O.K. for short trips between trails.

Top Bottom