P0PWAR

Oct 13, 2007
Hello. i was wondering what type of bike i should buy beings how im totally new to dirtbikes. I have a 400ex quad that i use to ride alot but i was thinking about switching over to a bike, i dont know weither to get a 125 or 250 and what kind? like honda, suzuki, exc.. Im about 6'1 160 pounds and have no clue about what kind to get or whatever, i was kinda wanting a 2 stroke over a 4 stroke tho.. any ideas on what i should buy?

EDIT:

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important) 6'1 160
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? Im pretty aggressive riding quads so i guess i would be riding dirtbikes too.

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? MX
4) Do you have any riding experience? I've got the just of how to ride, by riding friends bikes.
5) Do you think you will race ? I dont know, we'll see.
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? yes,
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? 2 stroke, doesnt really matter the brand, but i like honda.
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? Im close to all brand dealerships.
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? around the 2800 range.
10) Do you live in California? no
11) Your age? 18
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion. Whatever you want to ad in.

Last edited:

muddy13

Oct 5, 2007
lol a 250 2 stroke would be alot too handle compared to that 400 quad he has, id say go for a 4 stroke but 125 is way too small for you soo just take it easy on the 200-300cc of ur picking, go for 4 stroke still powerful just not as intense

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Based on your profile I'd pick up a gently used CR250 and hit the MX track. The '01 had the sweetest CR motor of all time but the '03 and up had better chassis and suspension. The '03 and up motor is considered a little underpowered, so probably a good thing for you. Besides, good suspension is most important to ride well and fast.

Top Bottom