Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
So, my bike just checked into intensive care (the dealer) for a general tune-up and some other things like tightening the spokes, new pipe, checking things over, jetting, new seals, etc. Basically stuff I would of done myself, but with exams and my sister graduating this weekend, I would have no time. (Wow, I feel important. :))

Basically I want to know what I should check over once I get it back, before I ride it. Maybe some things that are commonly forgotten, rushed installation that may cause problems, etc.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Dealers do a good job maintaining bikes. The only thing I don't like is that they can be a little stingy with the lube. I like to use anti-seize or moly paste on a lot of things in my bike. The chain adjusters are the biggest because they have a really bad tendancy to seize up in the swingarm. I coat the outsides of the axles and all swingarm/shock pivot bolts with the stuff so they are easier to remove come time for service (no hammers necessary). The brake pedal pivot is an often forgotten lube point. Check all of the bolts to make sure the dealer didn't leave any loose.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Geez man, get in touch next time and I'll help you or at least put you in touch with someone who will treat you very fairly. Most of the stuff you list we could have done in a few hours for zero cost. What dealership did you take it to?

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
It's in Saskatoon, as I am going there this Thursday and spending my summer there until Late July/August. My grandpa has some friends who work at the dealerships, and a buddy of his has his own alternator/starter shop. So we have some friends in the industry, with him racing and everything, so pretty much everything is taken care of.

I'm not even sure what's getting done to it, it's just what I was planning on doing to it, and he knows what needs to be done. I, too, would have done it myself, as I am a hands on kind of guy. But the summer crept up on us, and we need it to be ready within the next week or two and I have a ton of travelling to do. :bang:

But thanks for letting me know, and I'll be sure to let you know the next time I'm planning on taking it to a dealer so you can point me in the right direction. :cool:

Top Bottom