what to do after you go through alot of water?

Eazy-E

May 3, 2007
i went riding today and there was alot of water. When i went through this particularly big puddle/small pond water splashed up everywhere and i was just concerned that water may rust the ignition coils and such. I rode the bike home fine, it was a little hard to start aftet going through it but it started up. So is they're any post ride maintenence i can do to make sure water doesnt hurt my bike?

o the pond/puddle was about 15-16inches deep(ya i stalled halfway through it too :bang: )

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
As long as you didn't get in deeper than your carb you should be OK. You can pull the tank and unplug all of the connectors to make sure they are dry if you want.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
The bike isn't going to be hurt any by getting a little wet! If you continued riding after the puddle then I would expect that everything got dried out.

I also suspect that you now have mud caked all over the bike so I would suggest washing it. I recommend starting the engine, get it warm, shut it off and then wash. Restart the engine when you are done, get it warmed up again.

Rod

Top Bottom