TacoFace

Aug 17, 2009
Im 190lbs and 5,9. I want to get a 2stroke 250. I dont have that much to spend. Ive found some killer deals on some 92-96 YZ250s Are the older bikes ok for riding small jumps and all around riding? I guessing the older ones will be heavier and slower? Help the noob! And if you could make a list of some good bikes that you can normally find pretty cheap.

May 10, 2007
if you are just riding around and hitting small jumps your probably dont need the power of a 250 2T. fill out the sticky thread at the top of the this forum to help us help you though.

TacoFace

Aug 17, 2009
1) your physical size- 190lbs 5,9
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?-I ride the piss out of everything I own. And fall alot
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????- Pine Barrens (sandy) Everthing off road, many rocks and ruts and deep water. and some MX
4) Do you have any riding experience?-Not much but I pick up on things VERY well/fast
5) Do you think you will race?-If I do race it would be an endro type race
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?-My stepdad is a motorcycle mechanic
7) 2 or 4 stroke?-2 stroke! and something with some balls so I can blow the fenders off of my friends 350 warrior quad :nener:
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home -They carry suzukis but I can order stuff from Tuker Rocky offroad catalog. On my own.
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?-hopefully well under 1500
10) Do you live in California?-nope im on the other side of the country
11) Your age?-15
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion?- I found affordable bikes from the early 90s. How are the older bikes? easy to get parts? too heavy? Not as fast? not as durable? just gimme some info

Last edited:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Based on your lack of riding experience I would say just pick up an older 125 2 stroke and start ripping it up. Basically get the newest, best cared for bike for your money. I've seen plenty of 01-03 125's for less than $1500.

Top Bottom