dirtjunkie

~SPONSOR~
Mar 1, 2001
Hey Nikki, when you look at Camelbacks think of what you'll be doing with it. If you'll just be riding tracks then you don't need all the pockets and so forth. For that matter you could get a fanny pack and put water in it and your what-nots as well.
However it's nice to have water right there when you need it... If you ride tracks in warm weather then this is a must.
I have the the biggest camel back you can get. I could live out of it and it holds 100ozs of my favorite beverage. Sometimes that's not enough water for the all day & into the night rides we do here in So Cal.
I can throw a small Jacket in it, or extra gas, lunch, injured rider whatever!
Hope this helps

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Thanks for the 411 dirtjunkie.... now I'm pondering why NO MX'ers ever wear Camelbacks in the first place? Cramping? Extra weight? Restriction? Concentration? 20-35 min race isn't long enough to need it?

I'm gonna post a thread on this.... I'm curious.

bratt

Pain in da butt
Mar 22, 2002
Lets see what to pack:
Thong...check!
Alcoholic contribution for blender....check!
Micks horny ass......check!

Did I leave anything out? :laugh:

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
nikki said:
... now I'm pondering why NO MX'ers ever wear Camelbacks in the first place? Cramping? Extra weight? Restriction? Concentration? 20-35 min race isn't long enough to need it?....
Usually, I would have no idea about this, but I had this weird experience recently that I think explains it. I'm more of a spode trail rider, but it was snowing, so I raced a hare scramble at a motorcross track recently. On the trail, you stop, smell the flowers or pine trees or sage brush, catch your breath, and drink from your Walmart camelback. You'd get run over if ya tried to stop on the motorcross track. Also, I was breathing so hard the whole time that I gagged every time I tried to drink. It was much easier to wait until the race was over and then drink a gallon from the jug at the truck. Ya can't do that on the trail because you're too far from the truck. I think it may just be a logistical motorcross versus trail thing. I dunno, though. You'll have to tell us what you think after riding trail in Reno!

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Having raced MX and the desert, Id say that using a camelback on the track would not work well. On the track I am to busy to worry about getting a drink, and to tell you the truth, if I were to get thursty on the track to require an attempt to get a drink, I would have already been dehydrated before I even started my moto.

Out on the desert, things aren't as busy and you actually have time to sneak a drink. The races are alot longer and keeping hydrated during the longer races is a must.

P.S. If you happen to endo at a high rate of speed and the first thing you land on is your back, the camelback may have softened the landing, though I'm not sure. I'm not eager to test this theory again anytime soon.:laugh:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom