flyfishdoc

Apr 29, 2002
I disagree with the way CR put what he was saying, he took my post out of context and out of perspective. In the MX world the ages of pro riders are getting younger. Guys like Stewart, Pastrana, and Evans are moving in While McGrath and others of the last generation are moving out. This is a reccuring cycle in MX.

flyfishdoc

Apr 29, 2002
1)Super rat, because I say that professional riders be allowed to express themselves as they so please does that make me likely to "get hurt"??? I wear a helmet, I wear knee protectors, I wear a chest protector, I wear a kidney belt. I realize Im not Josh Evans, Travis Pastrana, or James Stewart (my 3 favirote riders). I simply believe if any rider wants to do something at his expense, he should be allowed to. While I find it quite STUPID for someone to not wear a helmet, or jump into the grand canyon, or to pull many of the stunts that young riders do, I realize, they're good.
2) Keys??? my bike is kick started :D

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Ok fishboy I was just busting on you, don't take it to hard. The age of MX'ers is getting older. I'm glad you wear knee pads :) . By keys I meant the keyboard.

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
Whether or not they have as much skill as racers, I will defend freestyle in general because it is fun to watch (I have already done so many times on this site). The majority, almost all of the freestylers really have respect for racing and how difficult it is, they just decided a while back that it wasn't for them, I respect that. But Andrew my friend, I have never, nor will I ever support the Metal Mulisha. This group, while it may attract fans, gives the sport a bad name, it's their attitude that makes the rest of us look bad. If anyone gives any more crap about how they are against corporate this or that, I swear I'm gonna snap. They might have started that way, but they have marketed themselves so much they are just as much a corporate figure as Fox, only dumber looking.

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
Want to see how the mulisha effects youngins? Check out their website forum's, then come back and tell us how you feel. :debil:

Last edited:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I learnt a new trick last week, the wheelie wobble high side face plant with no helmet graze your face off - a huge trick which negates my number one trick - to get home in one piece :) ;)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Originally posted by _SOLO_
Want to see how the mulisha effects youngins? Check out there website forum's, then come back and tell us how you feel. :debil:

That just about sums it up.

POINT. SET. MATCH.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
All this yakking about the mulisha reminds me of another sport. I think it was a few years back when Charles Barkley was still playing for the Sixers (I think). During an interview a reporter asked him if he thought he was being a good role model for kids. His answer was simple:

"I'm not here to be a role model. That's their parents job!"

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
"I'm not here to be a role model. That's their parents job!"
Yup, that's the easy way out of being responsible for your actions. It's not his or anyone's choice to make. Too bad, but if you are going to be in the limelight, you've got a responsibilty to not act like a complete idiot. Comes with the job.

The Metal boys are all about image, it's intentional and it's fake, same thing as the WWF. Gotta give Deegan (sp?) credit, he found a way to make money while acting like an idiot... as short lived as it'll be. It isn't good for the sport, or our image but hey, it's a free country.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Almost every top freestyler used to race. Furthermore, in every interview I've ever read with these guys, when asked the question, "how should a rider learn freestyle", they ALWAYS say "race MX." It is about bike control and being comfortable on the bike. I think the thinking is that if you can jump a double and have the bike control to grab the clutch, hit the rear brake and downshift while in the air, you are no longer holding on for dear life and just enjoying the ride.

So the consensus answer here is: Bust out some cool tricks, but learn to control the bike and get comfortable in all situations. Start small and work up. Most of all, be safe and try not to wad it up. :)

flyfishdoc

Apr 29, 2002
I still don't see why people thrash on the Mulisha, they certinally do project an image "different" than their fellow freestylers, and MX racers. But just because their image is more dangerous and walks a thin line does not mean it is neccesarily "bad" or "wrong". As far as them being a bad influence on kids, I would say RC doing busting out whips on big 'ole jumps is just as bad an influence on kids, I've seen posts on here by guys who've tried to emulate pros and busted their butts. Finally, a misconception about the Mulisha is that they claim to be anti-corporate, they are not anti-corporate they are against corporations making decisions that influence the AMA.
AW

Last edited:

KTMKyd

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 20, 2001
I don't think this is really about the skill or the know-how of the freestyle riders, I have alot of respect for those who can do some really good tricks and get some really big air. The people I DON'T have respect for are the guys who sit around "smokin' it up", sitting around with women all over them and thinking they're some bad ****. Then they go pinned at a cliff and bail and let the bike fly off and basically waste a good bike, maybe instead of doing something stupid that ruins their bikes ON PURPOSE, they should give it to someone who could really use it...
I think it's stupid when they jump into a river, or ride through fire, and think it's funny when they push their bikes off a cliff. And then when they crash, they throw up their hands screaming "Ain't I one bad mutha?!", it's a cover up for looking stupid... when a dumb 10 yo kid is skating around and runs into you at the skate park and gets slammed to the ground, then gets up and throws his arms in the air and is all "YEAH!", it's a cover up, and probably the only bruise he'll ever get from that sport, and people shouldn't be stupid like that, but they are. What's worse is the people who wanna be like this ARE the role-models for kids, have you noticed how "cool" and trendy 9 yo's are dressing these days, alot of them look just like the 17 yo druggies riding their little bmx bikes and running into fire hydrants. When I was a little kid we all wore what our mommies gave us, and it was all tacky crap, and I didn't try to jump off my house. It wouldn't be so bad if they were influencing people they're own age, but they're getting into the heads of little kids who look up to them and God knows why...

That's pretty much all I can manage at the moment, just remember, it's not about the riding, it's about the lifestyle, real or fake....

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
Okie, about the age thing. I myself just turned 15 so hopefully not all is lost for the youth.

Btw, isn't this is getting a little o.t.?

Last edited:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Is it "free style" or style free?

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I got my nose through the door at metalmulisha.com, and came to the conclusion that there is hope for the deebeedotcommas after all :eek: :(

Racer_x4

Aug 6, 2001
Guys I don't want to be rude or anything but y'all are so far off the original topic that you couldn't find your way back if I gave you a road map! :confused: :)

Top Bottom