what type of spark plug for 01' RM250

01RM250K3

Jun 2, 2007
since i bought my 01' RM250 over a year ago all it does is foul up spark plugs and i've been using a NGK BR8ES spark plug because thats what the owner before me used but when i look at my service manual it said that i should be using a BR8EG spark plug. Now is there any difference in these spark plugs in terms of is the BR8EG a more intense and hotter spark and i know it matters on how my air-fuel screw is at because it does run rich whether i hace it in a 1/2 a turn to 1 1/2 turns and i foul up spark plugs like every 1/2 hour to 1 hour i ride or should i replace my ignition coil and spark plug wire because everytime i swich my spark plug i notice that the boot on the spark plug is shorting out and melting part of the spark plug. Any help would be great.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
The plug you are using is fine. The ES vs EG is just the stye electrode. They both are the same heat range. I use the ES all the time.

Your plug fouling is a jetting issue and I chased for a long time on my bike until I fainally bought a JD Jetting kit. It was well worth the money. It comes with a unique tapered needle that realy cleans up the carburation.

If your cap is melting you may need a new one. If the clip (that attaches to the plug) is loose it can get hot. That could be causing your plug fouling too but I'd still get the jetting kit.

BTW, have you every heard of a period? ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom