What types of races are there that I can find in New York?

jbrider

Registered
Oct 6, 2005
I'm really new to dirt bikes and racing and all of that stuff, and I want to get into the racing scene. Right now I'm purchasing a 2000 yamaha yz250, and currently own an '81 KDX. I've probably been riding just about a year and want to do something more challenging than trail riding. So if anyone has any information on some races that I could participate in that would be great. Another thing is does anyone know how to get a sponser, or what they do? And if anyone wants to be one, I'm open.
Thanks.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Start clicking...

www.wnyoa.net (harescrambles and enduros)
www.wnyma.com (motocross)
www.ecea.org (harescrambles and enduros)
www.netra.org (harescrambles and enduros).

Basically, racing in NY is about the only riding there is, but there is lots of it! I know there's also a fall/winter snowscrambles series, but I don't have any links for it.

Oh, and if you don't think that "trail riding" is challenging enough, then go try an enduro. :ohmy:

As far as sponsors go, I have no idea, but I bet if you're fast enough then they'll find YOU.

jbrider

Registered
Oct 6, 2005
Thank you very much for the reply, what are enduros like. 1 of my freinds participated in one and ended up destroying his bike, so I don't think I would really want to do that. But maybe someday, I'll try. Thanks!! :nod:

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
If you don't want to destroy your bike, I'd avoid off-road racing. Enduros, harescrambles, cross-countries, etc are tough on bikes. Never raced motocross so I can't comment on how it is on the bike.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Well, gee any type of riding will eventually destroy your bike! :think:

As far as enduros being worse than anything else, give me a break.:fft:

I ride a 1999 KTM 250. It has six years of riding harescrambles, enduros, and whatnot on it-- four years by my husband, and now two by me. Bike is still going strong, and I think we've done one piston change and a couple of ring changes.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I don't even race and I still manage to destroy bikes. Nothing last forever. Keep up on the maintanence and you should be OK.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
RM_guy said:
I don't even race and I still manage to destroy bikes. Nothing last forever. Keep up on the maintanence and you should be OK.

Thats only because you ride one of them yellow bikes :ride:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
scooter1130 said:
Thats only because you ride one of them yellow bikes :ride:
...says the guy that brings 2 bike when he rides cuz he don't know which one will run :moon:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
RM_guy said:
...says the guy that brings 2 bike when he rides cuz he don't know which one will run :moon:

You're just upset because you never thought to do that :nener:

Top Bottom