truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Depends on the time. Are you talking the night before or a few minutes before going to the line?

If it is right before going to the line I usually take a leak, sip some water and slap my helmet :)

If it is the night before I make sure the tire pressure is good, new air filter and oil.

Ivan

SK 250

Sep 19, 2003
so do you pee right beside your bike on the line. LOL, I was jsut trying to see what guys were doing a few days prior, I race already, but wanted to see if I am neglecting anything.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Great timely question. I'm riding my first enduro this weekend. First real dirtbike event in more years than I have fingers and toes.

Here's what I did last night:

- check tire air pressure (12 front, 10 rear)
- clean air filter (oil & reinstall tonight)
- check chain tension and oil
- change trans oil
- install front fender bag & tools

No matter.... I'm sure I'll forget something like my wallet or boots or whatever I can to ruin my weekend. :ugg:

velosapiens

Mar 18, 2002
not that i know a darned thing, but i prefer to ride (at least a couple miles) on any work i do before a race. how many times have you had to stop on a ride and make another subtle adjustment after working on your bike?

don't let it wait until the last minute, unless you're a factory mechanic and make no mistakes. if all is well, the night before a race i pack my bike in the truck, and double check all my gear, and relax.
-mark
www.motosapiens.net
(off-road adventure for the sentient being)

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Ivans just marking his territory :)

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by SK 250
so do you pee right beside your bike on the line. LOL.

That reminds me of the time at Top Gun when we were in staging and Gomer asked me to hold his bike and he ran to the tree line about 20 feet away to take a whiz. It seems that no matter how much he drinks he rarely has to go to the bathroom unless the start of a race is near :)

Ivan

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Pee, bleed the forks, check tire pressure, put in gas, pee, go to the line and think about if I should get someone to hold my bike so I can go pee again.

Top Bottom