Mr Vain

Feb 18, 2007
Hello all. Im in a bit of a jam. I bought a 92 YZ125 a few months ago and this weekend i decided to replace the rear susp. linkage bearings etc. Well as I got the bike apart i noticed the parts i bought are not the same as what came out. With some looking at microfiche ive learned my frame is a 93 and up. Basicaly i need to know what year bike i have? The ownership says 92, the seat is stamped 92, but the frame is not? It was repainted and there are not numbers on the frame. Anyone got any ideas of what to look at motor/frame wise to figure out what year this contraption is? Sorry to be long winded but I do need some help.
Thanks.

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Usually the best way is to run the VIN but it sounds like from your description the VIN is no longer on the frame. If you know the VIN from the ownership papers or title, or if you can locate it on the steering stem portion of the frame, run it at one of the VIN identification websites. I would provide the link but I cant remember the site I normally use, I have it on my computer at home. If you need it I can provide it when I get home, but if you dont have the VIN it wont do you any good anyway. Sorry Im not much help. You could also contact Yamaha and have them run the motor number if you cant locate the VIN. Is it possible that the frame was replaced with a differenet model year?

Top Bottom