What year of honda 450 was a good year?

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
I am considering buying a honda crf450 and want to know what year was the best bikes made? Or what you would reccomend.
I have read a few threads here and there but still am lacking the knowledge of the best years. I have about 3000.00 bucks to spend.
I have been riding my friends 09 but it is too rich for the cost for my blood also since lou won't let me have his for the weekend. :)

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
INDY!!! Hey hows ya doing? Hope well since the crash. Been thinking of you! My friend just picked up a 05 for 3000.00 a few months ago and it is nice. He had a crash just in the parking lot broke his ribs and was out of the ride for the day...didn't ask to borrow it to show him what it really could do... :laugh:
I did ride my friend 05 KTM 450 he got for 3000.00 bucks but I want to stick to honda's.But thanks for the input! :nod:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I'm doing well thanks.. Doc said I don't need physical therapy, that I'm doing just fine on my own. I am able to bend my knee to about 55* now. Which he said was pretty good for the injury I had and the time...

Otherwise, everything is just fine.

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
Indy,
You only need to bend your kneee 45 degrees to ride a 4 wheeler....as you get older 4 wheels may be safer....with a crash dummy uniform of course!And a padded helmet wait possibly they make training wheel for larger dirt bikes... :laugh:

Glad your doing good!

B

biglou

I think it was an 05 that I rode that finally sold me on the red bikes. And 3-1/2 years later I bought one. :)

allUseeisRoost

Mod Ban
Apr 13, 2009
if you have $3,000 cash you should be able to walk into a dealer and finance a brand new one!! the newer the better on the four-fifts Yoshimura/Honda technology is better and better every year

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
Naw,I don't like debt so it is cash or nothing. Never know what could happen..one day riding next be a broken leg and could not work, so cash it will have to be.
Lou you look great one yours...you just need some red tights to go with it! :nod:
Indy, If I was there I would throw you on the back of my bike to save you riding a 4 wheeler....just better hold on tightly as I tend to go a little fast......be careful where you is grabbin to.... :yikes:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Dirtymotonut said:
Naw,I don't like debt so it is cash or nothing. Never know what could happen..one day riding next be a broken leg and could not work, so cash it will have to be.
Lou you look great one yours...you just need some red tights to go with it! :nod:
Indy, If I was there I would throw you on the back of my bike to save you riding a 4 wheeler....just better hold on tightly as I tend to go a little fast......be careful where you is grabbin to.... :yikes:

Yeah, thanks for the offer.. I'd have to pass. :yikes:

I don't feel like dyin just yet. :laugh:

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
05-06

I see tons of them at $3 or less on craigslist locally here. Just remember that asking price is usually what they are not sold for.

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
I will look here on craigs list and spokane as that is where I have gotten most of my bikes esp. spokane and Idaho. Good deals to be had!

Top Bottom