bike5

Aug 19, 2000
I have been working on a new page layout for my dirt bike club, any comments or suggestions for it would be great. And im always looking for people to help me on it if they have the programming knowlegde and time. Oh ya, and I am trying to develop more content in the site so don't suggest that because ive had about 5 people tell me that already.lol
Thanks,
Danny

Dirt Bikers League Click Here

Last edited:

bike5

Aug 19, 2000
Its funney...

Its funney what I have noticed over the years. People that make "crappy" pages(usally because its their first time) can ask anyone about their site and they get a million replies about it, usally supportive and good. I know, I used to make crappy pages because I wassn't very good at making them, people would comment on how good they were and offer suggestions and give me feedback all the time. Ever since I got "good" at making web pages, I can hardly get feedback, good or bad, nothing. Its like the sight of a , do I dare say- semi professional looking webpage scares people from giving feedback. Don't get my wrong, I'm not ragging on people that are inexperienced ( I was there ), I just find it funney that the better a page looks, the less feedback you will get, good or bad. Although this is based on my experience and my opinions.

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
Looks pretty good to me. Only thing I noticed was when you hover over the [Info] next to a member's name, the word Sponsors is misspelled. Also, on the 'Babes' page, are you planning on doing something other than popping up a directory listing, like maybe a page of thumbnail pics instead?

Larry

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Not bad!
Add a couple more forums and bingo! (Just kidding)
It is however customary to ASK to use another site's graphics before lifting them... you are asking for comments from the site you snagged it from ya know :mad:

JeffK

Sep 9, 2001
I hate pop-ups... Every time I click on something I get some BS pop-up advertisement page.. Other than that not bad looking... Have to agree with Okie on the theft thing :silly:

Wallis

Jan 19, 2001
Good site. One observation - all of the scroll bars can become distracting. Try designing you start page with as much information and navigation at the top of the screen.

bike5

Aug 19, 2000
Thanks for the replies!

First of all, thanks for the replies!!!!

Wallis - Ya, the "body" frame that holds the primary info will most likly always have one. The left hand menu links I'll try to make the list short enough to not have a scroll bar, if you click on the "text" at the bottom of it it shows text instead of graphics and doens't have a scroll bar but I will work on that.

JeffK - The site doesn't have pop-ups OTHER THEN the message board, because its a ezboard and I can't control their pop-ups inless I pay them to get rid of them. Did you see any pop-ups anywhere besides the message board?? Because if you did I don't think they should be there cause I didn't add any.

Wraith - Thanks

Okiewan - Yes, its all my fault :( I thought of that but didn't want to take the time to ask and since it was supporting America I didn't think anyone would mind. But your right, I should of asked before using it, my fault. I might take it off and make myself an original one.

KWJames - Yes!, I get that too. I have no idea what or why it is doing that. If anyone knows why it might be doing that, please tell me. I'll keep looking into trying to fix it too.(Once I find out whats doing it!.lol.)

Person8 - Thanks for the info on the miss-spelling. I'll make sure to fix that. The babes page I will indeed make thumbnails and a whole page for it. I had one but it got deleted and I didn't feel like making another page right away so I just linked it to the directory.

To everyone that replied: Once again thanks for the replies. It helps me a lot with errors I couldn't find and opinons on things on a diffrent point of view from myself. Thanks all!!!! :)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Too many pop-ups! Waaaaay too many. Without those it would be really good. Nice job otherwise.

bike5

Aug 19, 2000
MikeT- Where are the pop-ups? If they are in the ezboard message board I can't control them inless I pay them which I can't afford right now. If they are anywhere but the message board, let me know what they pop-up and how often and on what pages, because I have not added ANY pop-ups on my site that I know of.

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
All the bright green hurts my eyes.

But I must admit. Posting a link to your site here, is a good way to troll for members. I'm surprised no one else has ever thought of that. :silly:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Well when I hit the "Members" section I got a popup thst said "Find your old classmates" Then I hit the Message board and it wants to know if I want to get a "CSC user free", whatever that is. Those are the ones I'm talking about

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
Danny you TURD!!!! What happend to my profile :D . But really the site is looking nice. A LOT better then it looked earlyer this year. I'll send you a whole lotta action pictures once I get my new digital cam and the new bike. Keep on working on it and I will talk to you on Yahoo.

Lee W.

bike5

Aug 19, 2000
Lee- hahaha, yaya, I'm gona get you a new one up.

MikeT - The only place I know of where it pop-ups find your old classmates is Yahoo.com I know I haven't added any and I checked and neevr receive any from clicking on the members.. Mabey you had another page open from another web site while veiwing mine? And the messages boards...well...those pop-ups are out of my hands for now:(

singletracker500 - Ya, that thought crossed my mind when I posted it.hahaha. But the funney thing is, I haven't got one new member since I posted it. About the bright green, well, your just going to have to put on some sun glasses.lol.

I just wish I had the programming knowledge to make my own message board and automatic data base stuff. Well, I'll keep learning on my own, but untill that day, I'll jsut be updating everything by hand.hahaha

RedBull

Viva La Revolucion!
Nov 14, 2001
Nice site its pretty sick. but why should someone join it?? it sounds like a club, is it?? im not doggin on you thing im just thinkin bout signin up. so like whats it all about?:)

Top Bottom