What's a good price for a brand new 2007 KX250?

Kawi4life

Feb 21, 2005
I found a brand new 07 KX250 - it's being offered to me for $4400. Is that good or should I try to get the price lowered more? And yes, it's brand new on the showroom and never had a drop of fuel in it. They also have a 06 that I might even be able to get for cheaper than the 07. If so, is there any differences between the 06 and 07 to be aware of or I should go for best price between the two?

As good as the deals get, the downside is the bike will have to be shipped across the states and will cost around $700 to ship it to me.

02stampede

Jan 5, 2009
Is that out the door or before taxes? The 06 is virtually unchanged in 07. Your getting a 2 year old bike for $2000 or so, off msrp. You could probably find a "barely" used, super clean, bike in the mid 3k mark or less. After a few years you might only get a couple hundred more for an 07 over 06 resale. Personally, I would go for the 06 at under 4k out the door since it is the same bike. That is, if i had the money. I wanted a practically clean 250 2t and ended up getting an 05 yz used for $2600. The bike feels new to me and couldnt be happier. Hope this helps and good luck!

02stampede

Jan 5, 2009
I forgot one thing. You can almost always get a couple hundred off they're asking price so if you haven't bartered yet give it a shot! Just argue that it is a 2 year old bike etc. etc.

Kawi4life

Feb 21, 2005
I found a brand new 05 in my home state calling around and they want $5200 for it! I paid less for my brand new 04 in early 05! I paid $4800 and change for my brand new 04! I'd go get the leftover 07 450f for $5500 out the door ten minutes from home before I paid $5200 for a 05 250! I wish the dealer with the 07 for $4400 was in driving distance it would be a done deal! But it will cost $690 to ship it! :bang:

I still have a list of 10 more Kawi dealers in driving distance I'm going to call on tuesday... I'm hagged out with searching for right now. :bang: If worst comes to worst I'll probably just take the 07 450f for $5500 out the door even though I'm shy of the 4-strokes with all the maintenance hassles and watching the pros on TV not being able to start them when they stall. :yell:

I knew I should of never sold my bike last fall! I knew it, I just knew it! :bang:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
When you're ready to look again, be patient. Our local dealer's sales manager and I were talking about this economy a couple weeks ago. He's been going to auctions because there are LOTS of dealers out there going out of business. He says there are tons of new bikes out there that are just sitting because sales are so slow. I would think you could find a sweet deal with careful and persistent research.

Kawi4life

Feb 21, 2005
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
When you're ready to look again, be patient. Our local dealer's sales manager and I were talking about this economy a couple weeks ago. He's been going to auctions because there are LOTS of dealers out there going out of business. He says there are tons of new bikes out there that are just sitting because sales are so slow. I would think you could find a sweet deal with careful and persistent research.

Well I'm happy with the price of 07 KX450f at my local dealer (10 min ride from home - heck I could ride the bike home down the train tracks from the dealer if I wanted to). They want $5500 + $25 doc fee out the door price, sound ok with you guys? They basically said they wouldn't let it go for any less or they would just hold onto the bike.

I thought about it and I think I'd rather try the new 4-stroke than the same old bike I buy over and over again (KX250). I'm a diehard 2-stroke guy, but I think I want to get on a bike and have a totally different feel for a change. I'm trying to reboot my riding hobby and I think something that's new, different, and fresh like going from the 2-stroke to the 4 would be better for me (I've never owned a new MX 4-stroke). So I'm fairly sure I'm going to go with the 450f this time around...

I'm going to call Kawasaki tomorrow and if they'll give me the same promotional financing deal I got on my last bike (or close to it) I'll go pick it up tomorrow. Kawasaki has nothing going on right now remotely as good as the promotional financing I got on my last bike and I'm hoping that with the sales being so slow (this dealer wont even order any 09's until their last 07 is sold) that maybe they'll give me the financing I got on my last bike.

Sucks that there's snow on the ground and it's freezing right now, but if I can get the financing I want like I got on my last bike, I'll take the bike right now even though the weather is crap and I probably wont be able to ride it for awhile.

Top Bottom