tristan68

Mar 14, 2001
thanks for the link kali, i forgot to do the search thing, i'm new to this site and motocrossing, and i would consider me a spode now. is there a secret hand gesture or anything when we're out on the trails, or can we just tell by the way we ride.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
tristan. There is a hand gesture that LongTime has given me a couple times while we were out riding, but, it isn't a secret and I can't show it to you here on the internet. You can usually tell by the way we ride. ;)

Ol'89r

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
That's funny bbbom about Karls group ride. Did you ever develop pictures of that 1 steep hillclimb where only Karl made the top and the rest of us were scattered up the hillside? You were at the bottom with camera, maybe a setup :) Back to the topic, isn't the Spode term derived from an 80's rock band that wore flower pots on there heads.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
That was Devo, and it was Spudboys. You can still wear a flowerpot hat if ya want though..Spodeboy?

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by kalitude:
By the way...I'm a TRUE spode ;)

Kali,
Just to set the record straight .... I am DRN's OFFICIAL TRUE SPODE for the 2001 year. I even got a trophy to commemorate the honor at the MWSF Y2K! (a pic can be found in the SF pics) :) Ivan was the previous TS award winner.

Tristan,
To answer your question .... If you ride a dirt bike and enjoy it: you are a SPODE!
If you can chew gum and ride said dirt bike: you are an ADVANCED SPODE!
If you act like me in any way: you are a LIFETIME SPODE! :p

wrench
TRUE SPODE

[This message has been edited by wrench (edited 03-23-2001).]

Jewell

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Special
Person
On
Dirt
Equiptment

There was a post about 6 months ago that had about 50 of these for the word spode. Very funny. By the way I think we should have a set scale of spodedome. After the winter break here in Cincinnati I rode last weekend and realized I have advanced a level in the not yet implimented ranking, whilst all my friends have some how been demoted. Anyone else think we need a ranking system in place.

No jokes about how bad I smell either!

------------------
1997 Kx 125
1997 GSX-R 750
Doin a wheely between a rock and a hard place.

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Originally posted by Ol'89r:
There is a hand gesture that LongTime has given me a couple times while we were out riding, but, it isn't a secret and I can't show it to you here on the internet.

Oops -- you sawthose? At least they matched the sweet nothings I was oh-so-shy about verbalizing, eh? ;)

Top Bottom