Whats in my pipe???

Coolector

Nov 25, 2003
I took my exaust pipe off the engine last week and noticed something loose inside. it sounds like a baffle or something like that. Any ideas as well as how to get it out. Its not the silencer baffle either(just to cover my bases from you smart @#$#@'s) Haha
Thanks

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
Well, it could just be that. I had the baffle break off on my CR late last year.
The material is pretty flimsy, and if its not packed tight the baffle vibrates and breaks.
Best thing is to take it apart and see what's going on.
Anyway, judging from the weather reports out of Moncton I don't think you'll be riding again for a couple of years anyway.

Coolector

Nov 25, 2003
Na na na na na, I was actually riding today breakin in my new top end, but your right were gettin the snow again tonight. I can't really take the exaust pipe apart because its not the silencer part its the front pipe from the cylinder. I suppose i coud knock a hole in it to see and then mig it back togeather but that would look butchered when finished.

tillertracker

Feb 11, 2004
I think the KDX has a twin wall pipe thats heavy as hell and rattles when the inner wall breaks. If that's what you've got throw it away and get an aftermarket one that weighs 5 pounds less. And doesn't rattle.
My 2 cents.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…