Whats the best oil to run in a cr125?

<HONDA>

Dec 18, 2001
Hey just wondering whether i should stick to the same old honda premix blue container or is there something better i should use in terms or performance or wear and tear ;)

CR307

Apr 12, 2001
I run the Honda trany oil in my CR 250 and have no problems. As far as mixing oil, I run Amsoil 50:1 and no problems with it as well. That is my .02!

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Everyone line up. That can of worms has been re-opened:)

shifter125

Sep 11, 2000
What a can it is!!

It doesn't matter (CR,RM, YZ, TM...). Just make sure it's oil and it's mixed in the fuel somehow, the owners manual is a good starting point. You're not going to find the 'Magic' oil that makes you win races, pick up women, win the lottery, land the dream job, look cooler to your peers and train your dog to add it to the fuel for you.

What you will find, however, is a million opinions on the subject.

Reccommend the thread be closed before more innocent people are sucked in to its magnetic allure...

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Previous owner ran Honda HP2 in my CR and after I tour it down for a rebuild I found my powervavles heavily carboned up and goop in the PV system. I ran Motul 800 2T and is by far the best stuff I have used but not worth the money for my scootin' trial ridin. Bel-Ray Si-7 is my top premix choice but theres so many different oils. Bel-Ray Gear Saver 75W (80W is harsh on shifting) goes in the tranny. My $.02
:)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…