small kdxman

Jul 19, 2000
G'day, Whats the best plug to run in a kdx 200 '00' model I've got minor jetting changes and all the rest of the minor mods so which one is best. I do mostly on road riding but I also do some enduro type rides. I've got an NGK BR8ES plug in it now i want to go one hotter but don't know what problems this will cause. Are there any risks in changing the plugs like cdi damage.
Thanks

joe woj

Oct 29, 1999
NGK is the way to go, the bres is right also, the bike calls for a 8 but i have run a 7 also, less prone to foul, but it does make the bike run a bit hotter if you live in a hot climate or run the bike at WOT alot i wouldnt reccomend the 7, but if your trail riding in a colder climate and running near idle alot the 7 seems to run better revs faster or cleans out the cly faster, a bit better throttle response, i change my plug depending on where im riding and the temp.

KruncH

~SPONSOR~
Jun 15, 1999
NGK BR8EVX

It's their top of the line plug. The electrode is .8 mm compared to the 2.5mm on the standard 8es plug. The smaller the diameter, the less resistence the spark has to go against. This is what the NGK Rep told me. I could actually tell a difference after installing it. It's idles smoother. You can get them at O'Rieliy's auto parts for about $4.59 or spend about $11 at your local dealer.

small kdxman

Jul 19, 2000
Is the BR8EVX plug any more prone to rapid wear due to the narrower electrode and are they good for a bike that runs in a hot climate all the time.

Wis

Feb 3, 2001
:) G'day small kdxman,
I live in Perth WA and have had a BR8EVX plug in my 2000KDX200 for the last 2200KM's I take the plug out to check it after most rides and it still looks great. The electrode material is different to a standard plug, so it's not going to eat away even though there is less of it. Cars running these type of plugs only have to have them changed every 100,000 KM's. So they are very economical. I still carry a spare though, better to ride home than be complacent. By the way, if you fit an FMF muffler, give me a shout on email, I've got a good mod for the rear indicators on our bikes.
Wis.

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
ND plugs are also very good plugs they are NGK's little brothers
if your jetting is good you will have no problems with the br8es

gorby

May 14, 2001
KDX SPARKPLUG

NGK is the only way to go,no troubles with the BR8ES for most riding condition
Keep the BR7ES for slow work that may load up the motor,it may cause a meltdown if used for sustained highspeed conditions=$$$$$

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
Dont waste your money on fancy plugs with little electrodes, unless your racing MX with RC or JM. These plugs will only lighten your wallet. Run the NGK BR8ES for most conditions. If you foul the #8 plug in your KDX then either your jetting is too rich or you ride real slow, then try a BR7ES. Save your money for bandaids and peroxide.

Top Bottom