someday

Jul 10, 2000
I buy most all these comments. On the other hand, their "job" is what 15-20 days a year!?!? Yea, I burn out at work and am not always 110%, but this is a "real" 50 hpw job...

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
You don't seriously think that their job is only 15-20 days a year do you? As if the rest of the year they sit around playing Motocross Madness 2and work on their surfing. These guys aren't Jeremy.

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
Testing, travel, practice, testing,training, PR appearances. Even Shane has to do these things to stay on top of his game and do his job. And even though they are superb atheletes, all the offroad guys are human and can have things in their lives which distract them. Even as laid back as Watts is, you know that there has to be tremendous pressure to succeed from all directions. He might have had a fight with his girlfriend, was homesick, aggrravated an old injury, or just pushed too hard that day to make up for the bad start. I admire him for his accomplishments and feel like he will be back strong as ever at the next event.

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
These guys don't get much special treatment at the races, which is actually kinda cool. They race with us amateurs on the same course at the same time, have to stand in the same sign-up line, pay the same cash to race. Not too many other types of professional racing are like that.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
The guy is very good and fun to watch and he's probably accomplished more than the entire membership of DRN combined. Regurdless of what he does, I will support him as a fan. My bet is he is showing some manic-depressive characteristics. When he's on, he is really on. But conversely when he's down he can't perform well because of where his head is. (or isn't) Seen this in business, why not motorcycle racing? Lets just hope he's on for the next few races and gets yet another title.:eek:

Ramski

Feb 6, 2001
I'm with you. I really like Watts as a rider. I saw his talent first hand at Rnd 2 of the WORCS series here in Phoenix. He was almost dead last at the start and worked his way up to sixth in a matter of about 4 laps. All this on a 200cc bike.

All the talk about him riding on a stock bike is pretty true. I saw his bike being unloaded and he never touched it before the race. The rear tire was pretty worn unlike the new ones pros throw on after every race.

His statements after dropping out on the GNCC race were pretty shocking, but no one knows if there is something outside racing thats bothering him (and no one should need to know). I just want to know how those people get the guts to walk up with a microphone and talk to people when they can clearly see they want to be alone.

Watts is a awesome rider. He along with Destry Abbott are my favorite off-roaders.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Looks like Shane hasn't been able to put it together for a while now. Must be an issue eating him at the core. My origional reaction still stands or maybe he's having either personal issues or problems with his team. Would like to see whatever is going on resolved and a KTM back out front.:(

Any inside information out there?

Top Bottom