What's with the KDX kick stand?

D_Moen

May 7, 2007
I all, my recently aquired '99 220 does not have a kick stand, this is becoming a pain in the butt. What is the reasoning behind having the OEM unit bolted up to the swing arm? There are some aftermarket kick stands available on Flea-Bay that use the bolts for the upper chain roller etc and put the stand in a more "traditional" location. I don't know which I should get!

thebleakness

Sep 19, 2006
Yeah, much more robust and a much bigger pain in the ass! You have enough **** hanging down with the front forks, the swingarm mounted kickstand grabs on enough stuff as well. The ones that are on Ebay work well for what they are built to be used as, just keeping the bike up but if you plan on standing on the bike with the stand down then they won't hold up as well.

strider80

Feb 3, 2003
I have the one from Flea-bay, works fine, folds up out of the way nicely. Loctite all the bolts on it though, the pivot bolt almost came after a days worth of cycles. It actually holds the bike up high enough that the carb does not pee out.

I only have a couple of rides on it though, so I can't speak on durability, seem tough though.

Top Bottom