Mar 16, 2007
what is wrong with my suspension, both my forks and my rear suspension are extremely soft! so soft if Im riding the bike and up jump up and down on the bike I can bottom it out. How can I fix it?

Mar 16, 2007
haha yeah =P actually the only reason I didnt notice it is because im not the heaviest guy. if my friend who is about 180 sits on it, the suspension almost compresses all the way just from him sitting on it.

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
are you talking about your 94' honda?

if so have you ever had the suspension sent out to MCR or another place?

is your sag and clickers adjusted correctly?

Mar 16, 2007
nope nope and nope. I tried adjusting the forks by turning those things on the top to stiffen or soften them. I made them as stiff as it could go and no difference at all. same for the rear suspesnion

Oct 15, 2007
Sounds like there are very soft springs on the bike, or
Your oil viscosity is worn out, or
there is no more oil left in the suspension, so dampening is out the window.

Go have them serviced!

Rob

MRW

Oct 28, 2006
This is kinda funny, I just installed a set of 94 cr250 forks on my crf230! The 250 forks were old and probably serviced once in their poor lives! The base valves were totally clogged with aluminum partials. There was much debris between the face shims and the pistons, basically holding the shim stacks open! But once I serviced
and shortened them (2in.) they are grand!!
My buddies at the local mini track (230`s are legal at "ACE Track" Orlando)) are really hating me now because along with my custom reservoir (KX500) and a little re valving on the shock I am destroying them!!!
I`m even beating some of the guys on crf150r`s, I swear! :ride:
I love my air cooled bike :cool:

Top Bottom