What's your ISDE Trophy Team Pick ?

Berkyboy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 22, 2002
Over the next couple of days the AMA will be annoucing this year's US World Trophy Team and Junior Trophy Team for the Polish ISDE.

It appears that all of the riders on last years GNCC "All Star" World Trophy Team and three-rider GNCC Club team have no interest in going to Six Days.

The next step is to pick this year's World Trophy Team from the top riders who competed in this year's qualifier series.

My World Trophy Team picks (and the class I'd like to see them ride in)

Tim Tabor (3E)
Jimmy Jarrett (2E)
Fred Hoess (1E)
Nick Pearson (3E)
Paul Neff (3E)
Ron Schmelze(1E)

Steve Berkner

www.SKUNKWRx.net

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Taber should go for two reasons.
1. He has been on the Trhphy team before
2. He finished 3rd. overall in Ohio.

Not bad.

Actually, this is what I find more interesting

"all of the riders on last years GNCC "All Star" World Trophy Team and three-rider GNCC Club team have no interest in going to Six Days"

I said last year on this site that I didn't feel it was fair that the GNCC guys didn't have to qualify to ride Six Days. If the above is true then it just shows they only went because it was a free vacation. Plus they didn't do any better than the guys before them.

Berkyboy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 22, 2002
Both Caselli and David Pearson are eligible for the Junior team but both of them have expressed concerns about "out of pocket" expenses.

Shortly after the Idaho Qualifier they both indicated that they're interested in going but only if they can get some help ($$$$).

That's why I left them off of my Trophy Team picks even though they definately belong their

A killer Jr Team would be.

Caselli (3E)
Pearson (1E)
Nathan Kanney (2E)
Paul Neff (3E)

Steve Berkner

www.SKUNKWRx.net

superfly

Dec 2, 2001
I heard a rumor in Ohio that they were going to pick the winner from each class at each qualifier for the Trophy Team - not likely, but if so the Team would be:
Taber
Kanney
Bailey
Hoess
Neff
Pearson
(because of the unlikelyhood that Caselli/DPearson/Garrahan/Brown will go)
This doesn't necessarily give us the best team, but it is OLD SCHOOL, and something I think the AMA needs to gravitate back towards.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
The problem with the 2 days is that just because you do well, that can have little effect on 6 days if the type of riding is not like the type encountered in Poland. This has been my frustration. Why not hold a 2 day event like the euro's do??

I must admit, my choices had little to do with qualifying - 2 are friends and 1 finished 4th for the US in '02.

Berkyboy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 22, 2002
Now that the GNCC "All Stars" have passed on the trophy team the next obvious choice would be the top three finishers from each qualifier.

Keep in mind that the AMA website says that the AMA can choose up to five riders (of the 10 riders chosen for the six-rider Trophy Team and the four-rider Junior Team) without consideration to actual qualifier finish.

This should allow for "special circumstances" that may have been created by a rider's bad showing at either two-day qualifier.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Here are my picks:

Berkyboy
Layton
Enduo_Nut
KTMRacer
Superfly

Not necessarily in that order.

Seriously though ... Caselli really inspired me last year ... I was all over the results each day, rooting for him bigtime as his results got better and better and better. Plus he's a local, for me anyway. I always love Hoess ... 'cause he's from Jersey, like me, plus he gots lots of experience but maybe a little bad luck the last few years ... It'd be cool to see him go and do well ... kinda like a redemption of sorts ... especially with the GNCC rockstar deal last year ... though Raines is a favorite of mine also.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
I forgot to send in my Letter of Intent so I'm out. :bang:

I wish I would have actually tried years ago when I was kind of fast. To old now. :(

Berkyboy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 22, 2002
The Trophy Team listed on offroadchampions.com is correct except I think they are still waiting for some of the riders to actually confirm.

At the Ohio qualifier Jarrett, Kanney and Taber said they would go if they were chosen for the Trophy Team.

Berkyboy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 22, 2002
Drew Smith (who has been named US Trophy Team manager) and myself are working on putting together an ISDE fundraiser package that will help raise money for the Trophy Teams and individual riders.

Here's a breakdown on what were thinking of offering:

Team USA support packages would have three levels of support $20, $50 and $100. (All of the money raised, less expenses, would be equally divided among all 34 riders.)

Individual rider support packages would have three levels $250 for "Bronze " level support, $500 for "Silver" level support and $1000 for "Gold" level support. (All of the money raised, less expenses, would go directly to the sponsored rider.)

$20 supporter would receive a sticker.

$50 supporter would receive a sticker and an ISDE T-shirt.

$100 supporter would receive a sticker and an autographed ISDE T-shirt by all the 34 Team USA riders (this shirt will not be available until after Six Days)

$250 "Bronze" level supporter would receive a sticker and an autographed ISDE T-shirt and an autographed photo (from the rider you sponsored)

$500 "Silver" level supporter would receive a sticker, an autographed ISDE T-shirt, an autographed riding jersey and an autographed photo from the rider you sponsored.

$1000 "Gold" level supporter would receive a sticker, an autographed ISDE T-shirt, an autographed riding outfit and an autographed photo from the rider you sponsored.

Any comments?

Steve

Top Bottom