What's your opinion of SHIFT gear?

Zinger74

Aug 29, 2006
I am getting back into MX, been out for a while (and new to site), and I'm looking at the Shift Mach gear. I like the look of it, but haven't been able to find a dealer that has any in stock locally. For people that have seen it, what is your opinion of it? Is it well made stuff?

For general comment my shopping list:

Gaerne SG10 Boots

Shift Mach Gear

M2R Revelation X2 YOT

COMBEN

Nov 7, 1999
Hi, useful thread this..for me

I'm also thinking of going Shift this week, it's the only gear I like the look of, seems like good value and they do Black and Yellow :cool: .......and I hate spending loads on something that will thrown down the dirt and get roosted to death! I know Shift used to be real good I only hope they still are?

N.B. I bought Alpine Stars as it's what I used to wear 6 years ago and was very very good back then but, it's just not built as well now.... but they still know to charge, the Shift gear looks like better value to my eyes

I have a Shift bum bag and that been real sweet and super value :nod: it that's any use!

joshholmes20

May 3, 2006
I ran all Shift gear this racing season and didn't have any trouble with it. I wish I would have went with vented gear though. Gets kinda stuffy. I liked the price of Shift gear when I purchased. I ended up buying some 05 carry-over pants and jerseys. If you are looking to save a few bucks you should look into that.

Dec 11, 2004
i have the vented stuff by shift. only use it on race day and not practice but it seems to be real nice. cleans nice also, mine is the white red blue and it isnt stained. pants seem large though so you should try some on if you could. i think the vented stuff is a bit drafty unless its real hot, but thats me. heck bring back the real leather. ok j/k

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
It seems like I read it was a Fox product.

patto3

Apr 8, 2006
Hey COMBEN,
Answer sell some good quality red+yellow gear that isn't to pricy. Looks good too. I have it and it's not very hot either.

Shawn007

Oct 22, 2005
When I ride, I'm working it man. I sweat. Just this week I tried my new Air Assault vented pants. Love them, but like endodsilence808 said, it seems a little on the large side. I bought 34's which is my normal racepant size. I wish would have got 32's. These have a weird spandex strap on each side of the waist that seem to give too much. I even cinched the belt as far as I could. They still drooped down to the top of my butt. Maybe the Mach waist isn't built that way. But then again, I can't complain, I only paid $43(w/shipping) for them on clearance through motorcyclesuperstore.com. I saw the ad in MXA. Most of the online companies have a clearance sale site. Look around!

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
I used A Flesh jersey for one ride. It felt like a thick shirt, and went through water. Wasn't a very good ride after that. Stuck to me the whole time. I switched to a thor jersey and o neal pants. Feels great.

scottiedawg66

Sep 26, 2006
I got the squadron pants and jersey for $50 new at the local dealer 50% off, its been on 4 trips all with pretty good bails and has held up great.

~scott

letsride24-7

Aug 10, 2006
Yup Shift is a FOX company.. Funny i was buying gear from both company's and they came from the same address.

KdX_SkUiRrEl

Oct 28, 2006
the shift gloves are the best fitting of all gloves I think. i ahve a whole thor phase suit, and i will not wear the thor gloves, the shifts are just amazing

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…