JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
About a month ago I started lifting and working out for baseball. This year i decided to take some supplements besides just protein. I bought some GNC pure creatine powder, GNC weight gainer, and some BSN NO xplode. These have worked wonders for me, in the last month and a half I have gained 10 Lbs. of pure muscle!

Now before I bought these i did a lot of research and couldnt find any actual doctor that said they were unsafe, just lots of people that thought they were unsafe. My parents are one of them. They think that they could somehow harm me.

Do any of you have an opinion on this matter?

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
I have used creatine in the past when i lifted weights.All my reading told me it is safe to use.I did cycle 6 weeks on and 4 weeks off tho.The one thing I did notice using it and to be careful about is that you can build muscle mass faster than your tendons can adapt to your new found strength.I would wait a while and build your muscle mass first before using it.It does work that's for sure.And if I remember correctly you do add water weight to your body as well when you are on it.Perhaps Rich Rorich can add his findings too.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
I used creatine as well in the past. I had read some bad things about it back then, but it sure did work better than anything I had used in the past. It WILL cause muscle cramps. You have to drink lots of water every day to aleviate that, which you should probably do anyway. I would get bad cramps with it. I got a little paranoid about it cause I got to thinking, "Well my heart is a muscle, what if it cramps?" :yikes:

BLACKeR

Oct 30, 2007
the one thing i always wonder about rapid muscle growth supplements is, are you physically better, or do you just look bigger? a lot of the guys i know that take supplements and lift a lot, look huge. however they dont have strength anywhere near proportional to their size, also they arent that physically fit.

tcuda499

~SPONSOR~
Dec 2, 2007
Your body makes its own natural creatine and you find creatine in foods like fish and steak. No ones ever died(that I know of) from creatine. My opinion is that its pretty safe under normal use. To much of anything is bad for you so just us it properly.

camshaft

Jan 12, 2008
I've done the whole routine for the past 15yrs. I started lifting at 15 and was really ripped at 165lbs. I started taking creatine, protein shakes and ripped fuel. By the time I was 23 I was up to 210lbs. I got tired of being big and the loss of flexibility. I have a really intense job occupation and really don't need to lift. Im back down to 175 and I will bike a little in the summer and now and then I use my bowflex. When you get older its more fun not to lift:)
Ive noticed that being smaller dosent mean weaker.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
If you went from 165 to 210 and then back to 175, I doubt that it was lean muscle mass that you gained, then lost.

Ive noticed that being smaller dosent mean weaker.

:nod:

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
I do not want to get huge. I just want to be stronger. Which i am getting. i am cycling it. i am doing 4 weeks on and 2 weeks off. I am focusing on gaining lean muscle that is being used, not just muscle mass to look huge.

lilrm125kid

Jan 27, 2008
i take creatine also the only thing about it is you have to make sure you drink lots of water...and try drinking it after you work out. if you take it before you will sweat it out. but ethier or works.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
yup i read that before i even got it. the first few days i still got cramps. thats when i realized actually how much you have to drink. so after every class I go to my locker and chug 1/2 of a water bottle. so I also have to pee a lot during school. :laugh:

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
I found after i used creatine for a while that I didn't have to do the 1 week loading,3 times a day routine.I just took about 3/4 teaspoon twice a day.I never got any cramps whatsoever.Also creatine is only a energy source and does not build muscle by itself.It will give you a 10-20 second muscular burst of enegry that you don't FEEL as energy per-sa.When i first went on it i was doing 225 bench at 8 reps.When it kicked in I did them so easy I kept adding weight.The trick is to add weights till you can do about 6 reps...which is about the length of time the creatine gives muscle energy.Wait a minute or so and do another set.etc.So it is the additional weight added to your routine that builds your muscle mass.I also remember my recovery time...i.e muscle soreness was reduced to a day or two.That might of been from the additional water stored and flushing out my muscles...of which i am not sure.Whatever the case you could do your routine every 4 days instead of 5.The most important thing is to LISTEN to your body and don't over do it.

Top Bottom