snobdrbutch

Damn Yankees
Sep 22, 2005
Ok Hgears The Deal I Have Been Having This Problem For The Last Couple Of Weeks I Would Tighten Up My Spokes On My Rear Wheel And By The End Of The Day They Were So Loose The Whole Rim Would Wobble And Shake. Now I Went Out Riding Yesterday And Within 2 Hours It Was So Loose It Was Like Riding On Ice.
So My Plan Is To Rebuild My Rear Rim And Put New Spokes And Rim On. So My Question Is Does Anybody Know A Good Place To Get The Rim And Spokes From For A Good Price?? They Are Really Expensive!!! I Want To Get Black Rims And Over The Winter I Will Do The Front To Make It Match.
Thanks

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
If you have been adjusting your spokes, and they come loose while you ride, then I would suspect that you aren't tightening them enough or there is something seriously wrong.

I personally avoid adjusting the spokes because I never get it right. I figure that spoke adjustment is just one of those things best left to someone who knows what they are doing.

I would be concerned that if you simply bought a new rim and spokes and adjusted them just like you have before then you might have the same problem you had before.

dezryder

Feb 23, 2006
Wheel truing is an art for the most part. Mainly because it requires an immense amount of patience! (Not to mention a truing stand,etc.)

If you don't possess this attribute, I would suggest taking it to a shop.

snobdrbutch

Damn Yankees
Sep 22, 2005
i have a stand im just looking for a place that i can get the parts from for a good price i need a rim ring and spokes and nipples i have a good freind who is a motorcycle mechanic and he is going to true it for me i just have to get the parts and lace it up

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
snobdrbutch said:
i have a stand im just looking for a place that i can get the parts from for a good price i need a rim ring and spokes and nipples

Try www.buchananspoke.com

Buchanan's spoke shop 626-969-4655

Ask for a dealer near you.

Last edited:

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Any shop that sells aftermarket parts will have spoke sets. They cost around $65. As long as your rim isn't cracked, you shouldn't need a new rim. I like to put anit-seize on the spokes so they don't freeze up on me.

snobdrbutch

Damn Yankees
Sep 22, 2005
yeh 76 thats what happened to me the threads on the spokes froze up on the nipples and when i went to tighten them the whole spoke just turned in the hub. well i just ordered black pro wheel rims and new heavy duty spokes for the front and rear. figured i mide as well do both and put what i want on it now so i spent ther money.
thanks for all the help.

Top Bottom