johnnyb78

Nov 22, 2006
OK I HAVE A 92 KDX 250 SUSPENSION IS STOCK and i weigh aprox 205 lbs, IT NORMALLY RUNS A 18-2.25 REAR WHEEL, HOWEVER I AM IN NEED OF A REAR WHEEL AND HAVE FOUND ONE ON THAT AWFUL AUCTION SITE THAT WILL REMAIN NAMELESS. the problem is it is for a 98 kx 125, according to kaw website the hubs are identicl but the outside rim is a 19-1.85 i think this is a great price (compared to what i have been seeing, but will the larger rim cause problems ie susp bottoming out and tire contacting rear frame?

thanks in advance for any help

johnny b

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
The larger dia.rim will not cause a problem because a 19" tire has a lower profile making the overall height about the same as an 18" tire. I know people that have done this with no problems although not on a 92 kdx250 but the results should be the same.

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
Skip it unless you are going to run MX. An 18" rear wheel is better for trail riding, a 19" for MX. The overall wheel (tire and rim) size is the same, as the 19" is a lower profile tire. The higher profile 18" tire helps a trail bike to hook up on rocks, logs, etc.

Stock is 2.15", not the smaller 1.85" size, which is similar to a 125 and for smaller width tires.

johnnyb78

Nov 22, 2006
well i was about to get it and checked one more time on the specs for it or the kdx and i was looking at the reference number instead of the part number so i didnt order it because the part numbers for the hub and axle are different. whew i am glad i checked again or i wouldda been out 125

Top Bottom