souphmars

Mar 8, 2004
after i cross a creek or clean my bike it runs al right when i first start it or cont. to ride after the creek-but each time i start it after it cools down it runs like crap then cleans out until it eventually fouls a plug-do i have a leak somewhere or is it my ignition gettin wet???

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Your air filter might be getting wet. Another thing to think about--if you drown it in a creek, you should be using fogging oil afterward to help get rid of any water that might have gotten inside. You should also be using an airbox cover when washing the bike. They're cheap insurance. You don't want water in your bottom end.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
The airbox on the YZ may be designed differently. You should be careful of these things on ANY bike. Also, I'd take the plug out of your float bowl and drain the gas in there, may be water in it.

Others should have some better advice than me, I just have a handle on a few basics.

ononewheel

Nov 4, 2003
Yeah im going to do most of my bike stuff in a couple of weks as i have a couple of months of college, and will be working so ill have the cash to do what I want.

And then I can buy some damn armour, race trousers and jersey, gloves etc to get into racing.

souphmars

Mar 8, 2004
i just ordered a new pipe-i have noticed on the air filter side of the intake where it goes on the carb, it never stops turning, like it is stripped, it never gets real tight that might be letting water in-just a thought

souphmars

Mar 8, 2004
well i repacked my silencer and there was hardly any packing in there and what was in there look like it might have been clogging it

Top Bottom