fstz28

Sep 25, 2001
i'm fairly new to this sport, but quite the addict. i've been riding a '92 kx250 on ttrails with speed/braking bumps, berms, big ruts, and 'potholes'. i've always thought the trail was really ruff cause the bike beats the hell outa me, mostly when i have the gas hard on and the rear always kicks up and hits me in the rear end, hard. it doesn't kick out the the side, but straight up. but going over small jumps the rear bottoms out, as noticed by the tire marks on the side of my silencer. a guy riding behind noticed the rodeo act and told me my shock was pry empty of nitrogen, which i had filled today(it only had 80 psi). how can i tell if i need a different spring(which is almost cranked down all the way, only 1/2 inch left on threads) bike still seems to sag too much or just need the shock rebuilt. i've searched threads and read my service manual and as much else as i can find, but they all start after the shock is rebuilt and setup correctly for the rider. the man i bought it from set it up for his weight and he weighed ten pounds less than me. i'm 6'1" 200lbs. thanks for any help...

Top Bottom