karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Last thing I heard was that he was going to run the SX on the West coast on a 250 and he and Kawi would see how that goes before making a decision. This Boost thing may change that, but that was the last I heard.

Rich250F

Jun 11, 2002
On motoworld 2 weeks ago I saw a Kawi Rep. was asked about some rumor that Bubba was changing colors. He said that not only was he remaining green but that he would be riding the 250 class. How sweet is this, Ricky, Chad, Kevin, Bubba. This means the the 250's will be awesome this year. Sorry everybody else, except the 125's, now that Bubba is gone you will no longer look like minicycle riders.

YZ Joust

Master of Jackassery
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 21, 2002
I read somewhere that Bubba has been testing the Kawi 250 four stroke and he may race in the 125 class again to beat RC's record in the 125 class........

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Yes I heard from a Kawi sales rep, that the office rumor is --- Stewart on the 250KXF for the Nationals, to beat Ricky's record. Also 2004 SX, he is said to be trying a 250 KX on the West SX, and then evaluating whether to switch. I also asked him about the Boost deal and he got real quiet and tightlipped.
The 250KXF rumor sounds right. Kawi wants to sell alot of these bikes, what better spokesman than Bubba.

pro2k

Nov 7, 2002
I agree, my gut is telling me he will ride the KXF250 and go for RC's record. And then in 2005 he will ride the KXF450. (??)

hebegebes

Oct 30, 2001
From RacerX.com:

October 3, 2003

Lusk has one-year deal with Kawasaki

It looks like Ezra Lusk is definitely staying with Team Chevy Trucks Kawasaki for another season. The word in the pits at the Motocross des Nations is that Lusk has a one-year deal to ride in the 250cc class alongside James Stewart and team newcomer Michael Byrne. It was rumored that Lusk had been talking to Mach 1 Yamaha.

Did he say ALONGSIDE James Stewart in the 250cc class? Or am I reading too much in to this?

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Well, Bubba's rides under the Team Chevy Trucks Kawasaki tent, so yeah, I think you're reading into it a little too much. We can always hope though!

muddy226

Sponsoring Member
Sep 14, 2003
The full page kawa advert on the back of "Trials and Motocross News" published on 3rd October says "------James Stewart has decided to race the new KX125 Stateside in the coming season". Thought this may be interesting, though personally I would like to see him in the big class, where I would have thought it would do Kawa more good as he beat all-comers on a 250 2 stroke before changing to a 4 stroke for next time.

WhKnuckle

May 14, 2003
According to RacerX, Bubba will ride the 125 class next yr - East SX and Nationals. KXF250. Bummer - Bubba's the only guy in the world that can cherry-pick the Nats.

CS, JBS.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Is it still cherrypicking if he's riding a different type of bike....kinda pioneering for the sport (I know the YZ250f was the pioneer, but this is Kawacka's first attempt!)? He's always ridden 2-strokes, first attempt with a 4-stroke, although we know he could probably win on a mini.

WhKnuckle

May 14, 2003
To me, it's cherry picking if you roll up to the gate and know nobody has a chance in heck, and there's another class to move up to. RC would have been cherry picking in '02 except there wasn't anywhere else to go.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Well think about this. If Bubba stays in the 125 ranks, we can look forward to seeing Roncada, Langston, Hughes, Lammy, Byrne, and all other "vet" riders moving up to the 250's to save "professional face". You would think they would dread the embarassment of a solid butt kicking Bubba would give them. As a matter of fact the factories need some young rookies to represent them in the 125 class. And think--as thier riders surely get a whooping--they can give the official excuse that there 125 team is a rookie proving ground. That reply is a little tougher when you field some decent vets in the tiddler class. I for one am tired of such a boring 250 series. Let Bubba get his records-- let's see the aforementioned riders move up and compete with the big boys.

Top Bottom