When you see a golf course do you think...

What do you think when you look at a golf course?

• Man I wish I could play golf there

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • That golf course should be made into a MX track!

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • I wonder how long it takes to mow all that grass?

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
Just wanted to know what you all thought.

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
i like golfing, i like MX(and i think i want to ride a dirtbike on a golf course), and like half of what i do for money is golfing. i voted to go golfing, just because its something i dont do a lot of,.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
I always look at them as a cool place to ride. Never taken a dirt bike out there, but we used to ride the courses where I lived in Michigan with snowmobiles every winter. Some of those huge elevated tee boxes make nice table tops. :laugh:

And the good thing is with all the snow on there we never tore anything up. :cool:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
KX500, paddle tire.......oh yeah

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
My son is a golfer so it's interesting when I drive him around and we're thinking about both golfing and riding the course.

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
I don't think they should make it into a mx track I just think about me and riding bud with brand new tires and are bikes set up perfect ripping around haveing a great time, But turning it into a mx track is the closest thing so I voted for that.

ZOMBIE666

Mar 24, 2006
theres no choice for "what a GD waste of land"

sorry there are just WAY too many rich white folk here (keep in mind im near DC so they are moslty political, my sheet dont stink, capitol hill asshat rich folk) therefor way too many golf courses

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
There must be something to the golf thing. Perhaps there are so many courses because they make a lot of money? I would also bet that there are more people making mega-bucks playing golf than riding.

I think you have to appriciate other sports for what they are. Not everybody digs riding so they might look at a track or trail system as a waste of land. Even within our sport there are sub-groups like MX, HS, Enduro, Trials and trail riding that not everyone appriciates even though they ride.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Patman said:
I think you have to appriciate other sports for what they are.
yeah, but you gotta admit, Pat, they call it "golf" cuz all the other four letter words were used up.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I think ... "if I could just replace the cart with my CRF .... "
Best of both worlds. And yes, more reason than ever not to hit it in the woods.

Mar 16, 2007
i dont play golf, dont like golf, not into golf, its just not my thing. but I do know that there is alot of skill and technique involved in it though. I have a friend who is borderline pro.

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
there is (was) a golf course about 1/2 mile from my house that will soon become a housing development. they have let the grass grow up and one fairway is being used for soccer practice. ahh if i were an impulsive teen that could use youth as an excuse... but no, i have to be responsible...

Top Bottom