Where are you and what sort of riding do you do?

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
I know this is really copy-cat material, but hey, it's a good idea
smile.gif

Thought it would be an idea for the women, so they can maybe find someone else to ride with, or talk to
smile.gif
Also thought if we put how long we've been riding to gauge our ability (to a point - some people pick it up so much quicker than others)

Guys, if your wife's/girlfriend's/daughter's keen to hook up with someone, please specify what she rides (i.e. trails, mx whatever)

Auckland, NZ
Trail riding
About 1-1/2 years

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Hey Michelle,

I've been riding trails for about two years. The bad thing is I might get to go riding about once every three or four months. Needless to say, progress has been slow. When I can, I race S.E.R.A. enduro's and an occasional harescramble (when I'm in the mood for severe embaressment). Anyway S.E.R.A. covers the southern areas of the U.S. (Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas).  I think this is a good idea. I have trouble keeping up with where everyone is located also.
smile.gif

CNM
2000 XR200
Birmingham, Alabama   U.S.A.

------------------
I may be slow but I'm determined!

<p align=right>04-25-2000 :Edited

KTMqueen

Apr 17, 2000
Great idea Michelle!

KTM125EXC
Enduros, hs, ds, and MX, whatever!!
PA
Going up to Canada to ride this weekend!&nbsp;&nbsp;Much fun!!&nbsp;&nbsp;Fortunately, I get to ride 3 or 4 days a week with a great rider whos been to the ISDE's 4 times so I get to learn alot everytime we go out. I've been riding for about 3 years.&nbsp;&nbsp;Hopefully I will have a lot more years ahead of me seeing as though I'm 23.&nbsp;&nbsp;Anyone planning on attending any outdoor MX's this season?

ktsingsaas

Apr 24, 2000
I ride in Northern Colorado....mostly Woodland Park, Rampart Range area....mountain riding up in Grandby....some track riding (Berthoud and Watkins. I ride with my boyfriend (CR250) and we also enjoy riding with other couples.....I'm also looking to find a another woman to ride with when he can't get away from his business.

Katie

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
I live in Santa Barbara, CA (about 1.5 hours north of Los Angeles on the coast)&nbsp;&nbsp;My boyfriend (KDX200) and I (RM125) try to ride every weekend.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have only been riding since shortly after Thanksgiving 99 (4.5 months).&nbsp;&nbsp;We ride with another couple as well.&nbsp;&nbsp;I ride mostly trails, sometimes sand dunes (Glamis New Years, Pismo).&nbsp;&nbsp;I tried a track (non maintained) for the first time last weekend.&nbsp;&nbsp;Still building up the nerve to try the real MX track at Gorman.
Always looking forward to meeting more women in the sport to ride with, so if you're ever in my neighborhood and want to ride let me know.

------------------
Aimee
RM125

Dirtygirly

~SPONSOR~
Feb 28, 2000
I live in Issaquah, WA...its about 20 minutes from Seattle.&nbsp;&nbsp;I just started riding recently, so I havn't tried any trails around the Seattle area yet.&nbsp;&nbsp;I attend Gonzaga University and have riden out at 7 mile ORV park.&nbsp;&nbsp;So far I've just done trail riding, but i'm interested in trying an enduro or poker run. I have an 84 XR100.&nbsp;&nbsp;It used to be my brothers, then it got put away and forgotten about due to the land closures of Tiger MTN. The only other trails that I've riden on are the ones around Buttonfly's house in Richland and some in Sun River Oregon.

Motogirl

Dec 2, 1999
I live in Santa Barbara
I have a Rm 125, I am hoping to get a 00-2001 yz 125 soon.
I have been riding for a little over 2 years. I learned to ride on trails but over the past year have ridden mostly MX. I ride sand dunes every so often and desert as well. I started racing Mx and I am either racing or riding track almost every weekend.
I usually ride with my boyfriend and a couple other friends.

[This message has been edited by Motogirl (edited 10-30-2000).]

hardcorespice

Apr 24, 2000
Hey, I live in Seattle, but I am moving to a very small town in Oregon in a couple of months.&nbsp;&nbsp;The only good thing about the town is that everbody rides either dirt or street bikes.&nbsp;&nbsp;I am planning on getting my first of both when I move there.&nbsp;&nbsp;So, I don't really ride yet, but hopefully I will be soon.&nbsp;&nbsp;A friend also has a track down there for me to learn on.&nbsp;&nbsp;Wish me luck.
Tiffany
Seattle, WA

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I'm from around Chicago and I ride an RM 125

I race motocross and have been riding for 2 years.
I race almost every weekend and went to Loretta
Lynn's last year (the amateur motocross national)
It was the coolest week of my life!!&nbsp;&nbsp;
smile6.gif

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Well, OK! I'm another Colorado trail/track rider. Rampart Range, Divide, Watkins, Berthoud, Thunder Valley. It looks like we need to hook up with Katie (above). I've never been to the Woodland Park area, but I'd love to check it out!

-CJ
TTR125L

Moto Chick

Sep 22, 1999
I am in San Diego, Ca.&nbsp;&nbsp;I ride mountains, desert, and everything in between.&nbsp;&nbsp;Both of my KDX's are street legal so I have very little limitations as to where I can ride.&nbsp;&nbsp;I also have a trials bike and compete in the local ATA and ITS series.&nbsp;&nbsp;My hubby and I will travel just about anywhere for some good long riding as we just got back from doing the 5 miles of hell in Utah.&nbsp;&nbsp;Most of our rides are no shorter than 75 miles and we hate riding around idiots and pit racers.&nbsp;&nbsp;

If you wanna hook up send me an email.

Brenda

------------------
1989 KDX 200
1992 KDX 240
Both street legal
1998 Montesa Cota 315

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Wow, the ladies room is filling up since I've been gone.&nbsp;&nbsp;

I've been riding since Spring '99 - wood trails in Spokane, Washington area.&nbsp;&nbsp;Batey Bould, Little Pond Oreille & Mica areas.&nbsp;&nbsp;Tried a harescramble & mx track once this spring - not the place for my KLX, it belongs in the woods!!&nbsp;&nbsp;If time permits between work & building my house I would like to try more harescrambles, enduros..... whatever.

Usually ride from my house with my brother, his buddies, sometimes their wives, sometimes my boyfriend & sometimes my kids.

Screamin_MIMI

Jan 28, 2000
Hi gals...I ride a KDX200...lots of trails and bony piles (soft piles of ash/cinder) here in Westcentral Pennsylvania. I love climbing BIG hills. Been around 1 type of bike/atv or another most of my life, had a pw50 at age 7. Trying my first poker run on Sunday...wish me luck... :)

------------------
Wheeeeeee!!!!

'94KDX200

[This message has been edited by Screamin_MIMI (edited 07-21-2000).]

curlyma

Lifetime Sponsor
Jan 19, 2000
Neat idea!
I live in Morgan City, So. Louisiana, one hour due south of Baton Rouge. Do most of my riding in central La., in Kitsachie Nat'l Forest. I've been riding a little more than a year. Present bike is a 96 kx 100. I also ride the SERA enduro circuit (LA, Miss., Ala. & Ark) with Gene, my husband. I sign up at the last minute and get *way* to the back of the pack! I figure the races give me that one more chance to ride and learn.

Angie Stelly

Jul 8, 2000
Hi,I'm from Massachusetts and I've been riding since 1989.Not all that much actual riding time though.Time taken out for two pregnancies time without a bike etc...I've probably only ridden 6 times this year.I would like to try motocross sometime.I ride in Mass. and Ct. when I get the time.

------------------
We're going riding where?Yikes,this won't be pretty.....

SL99

Jun 18, 2000
home: Boise Idaho
name: Sarah
riding: since spring of 98 (KX100, now YZ125)
race: regional MX & SX, 125 beg. & women
also starting up jetski racing soon

I love riding tracks! Nothing gets me pumped like bar bashing into the first corner, high speed into tight turns, doubling into whoops & launching off a table tops & souring over spectator heads!
If any of you are ever in the area, email me & we'll go moto!

[This message has been edited by SL99 (edited 08-29-2000).]

sgr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 14, 2000
SoCal
Hi there, I used to ride at Rampart when I lived in Denver. I miss that place. I try to get back for the polker run at least once a year, usually make the fall one. I have survived enduros in Co and Ca and done some mx and SRA gp's. Right now I am looking to hook up with people who do trail riding. Brenda, I'll have to e-mail you and see if we can connect.

[This message has been edited by sgr (edited 07-30-2000).]

Ms. Badlands

Aug 10, 2000
I thought I would add my 2cents.... :D

I am just getting the nerve up to ride at the age of 32. My hubby bought a track in Texas and we are trying to make a go of it. I have learned how to water, till, plow, and disc a track, score races, run a concession stand and announce (all of the last three at one time). I finally am going to take part in the excitement that I see on all the young and old rider's faces as they sign up for a race......I am going to get on the track myself! We are looking for a good starter bike. Any suggestions? We have looked at an XR100 and a CR100. I am a TRUE BEGINNER and want safe but fun. Our track is a MX/SX style and is considered technical.

I am open to suggestions and advice!

thanks
Ms. Badlands
(badlands motocross park - celeste tx)

bike chick

Aug 16, 2000
My name's Angie and I live in Jackson, Michigan. I have a '96 YZ80 and a '99 CR125. I've been riding dirtbikes since Sept. of '99 and I rode quads for about 12 years before that. I've only ridden on 1 mx track (it's a track in Portland,MI that I practice on about once or twice a week). I haven't raced yet, but, I am going to race mx next year and I'm doing a hare scramble in a couple of weeks. I don't trail ride on the dirtbike, but I did when I rode quads...all I do now on the dirtbike is practice jumping and doing techinal stuff to get ready for racing mx next year, which is what I really want to focus on. :)

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
bike chick,

Let me be the first to say welcome! Glad to have another rider here. Let us know how your harescramble goes in a few weeks!

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
I've been riding dirt bikes for 27 years and done a little street riding from time to time. Right now I have a '99 KTM 125 EXC and a '00 Suzuki DRZ400. I'm on the trails every weekend on one of them. As for competition, right now it's enduros and ISDE's for me in the "A" class. Thrashed my bikes & body a little too much doing hare scrambles, so that's a thing of the past. I live north of Seattle and do much of my riding in northwest Washington state. I've also ridden and/or raced in most of the western states and up in British Columbia, Canada.

Throttle On!
Lori

Top Bottom