Where can I trail ride in Illinois

RMrider

~SPONSOR~
Jun 18, 2001
Hey all! :cool:

I am looking for places to go trail riding in Illinois. I live in Springfield (central Ill) and want a couple places where I can go riding whenever with out being a member (for a fee of course). Most of the places I have found are only open fridays and weekends to non-members. I want to be able to drop everything and go riding if I feel the urge on say a Tuesday morning. I do a few Hare Scrambles and that is the type of riding I want to do (I don't do mx). Is there anywhere within an hour or so of here that I can ride whenever?

Thanks so much,
Ty

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
South Fork Dirt Riders in Taylorville is close and I think does that? may have to be a member for a key but heck whats a membership if you get that kind of access?

wardy

RMrider

~SPONSOR~
Jun 18, 2001
Wardy,

SFDR (taylorville) is one of the few places I already knew about and I was there just yesterday. The only problem is they are only open to non-members thursday through sunday. My schedule doesnt always permit weekend riding. SFDR sucked yesterday though... it was completely ruted out and very dusty. I went down hard three times (almost four) and twice was because of the deep dry ruts. I really wish White City had non-member access... I love that place. Maybe I'll just have to save up for a membership over the winter.
Anyone know of any more?

Thanks,
Ty

RIPPER

Jul 27, 1999
Decator has a club with 60 acres of woods. Small but great trails. I think the dues are $50 per year. Go by Hall's husky and talk to Raymond.

Jan 16, 2000
Gerhard's palce (Fox Creek) up by Ottawa is very good. Also Buffalo Range, near LaSalle Peru. But they're about 2 hours from Springfield. Lincoln Trail MotorSports (aka Casey http://www.ltmoffroad.com) is awesome, but you have to be a member, but it's only $60, WELL worth it. It's E-NE of Effingham about 35 minutes. I've been around, and that's where you should start. They have a Euro style track, a GREAT MX track that is fairly safe (as MX tracks go) and MILES of trails. Planet-X down by Mason City is supposed to be good, never been there. http://www.planet-x-treme.com

trsrdr

~SPONSOR~
Jul 12, 2001
Little Egypt off road riding area near Marion or Trail of Tears riding area south of there near Shawnee Nat'l Forest. Little Egypt even hosts hare scrambles and other races.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
You're welcome to come a little farther South and ride with us anytime at Turkey Bay. 2500 acres, 150 miles of trails, $45/year permit or $15/3 day permit.

jfitz

May 9, 2002
Ty, Over an hour's drive for you, but great places to ride:

Badlands - Attica, IN - big variety
Haspin Acres - Laurel, IN - great hare scramble trails
Turkey Bay as mentioned above - great woods trails

Top Bottom