where do I ride near detroit

cr250can

Feb 16, 2005
Hey I am new to michigan. I came from Idaho. Any good places to ride near detroit. I live in wayne. I ride a cr 250.

Getwild2

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 4, 2003
cr250can said:
Hey I am new to michigan. I came from Idaho. Any good places to ride near detroit. I live in wayne. I ride a cr 250.
Here is a link that is invaluable, the MI DNR ORV trail listing w/maps. You may already have this link...

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_15070-38330--,00.html

I live about an hour northwest of Detroit and the closest trail system that is worth riding is about an hour and a half north of me. It's the St. Helen trail (#43 on the link I provided above). A lot of fun, a lot of trail!

The Mounds (#F) is the closest to us, about 20 min north of me. It's the worst possible place to ride though...dangerous as all get out! Traffic galore! It allows full-sized vehicles in the scramble areas (Jeeps, Hummers, etc). The ONLY, ONLY time I'll ride the Mounds is weekday mornings.

Gladwin (#46) is very, very sandy and very busy! I'll never ride that one again either. It's pretty close though, it might not be bad on weekday mornings. Most people cant ride weekday mornings, I used to be able to and now I cant, so I have to be careful of high-traffic trails.

Just a few tips for ya...

FLEM

Sep 22, 2004
there are MX tracks around if you want, Milan has a track I believe. but the best trail riding starts from st. helen up, and even st. helen isn't nearly as good as it once was.
Oh and I second the "stay away from theMounds on the weekends!!!" your taking your life in your own hands with all the Yahoos'

CrazyJohn113

Feb 24, 2005
Hey welcome to michigan, there are alot of local tracks that offer practice on the fridays of race weekends, if you wanted more of a trail the best place i know thats the closest is a trail in ohio its acctually in toledo in the maumee state forest i belive its about an hour drive from northville novi area. Its a fun trail about a 6 mile loop i think. If your interested i can give you some better directions

cr250can

Feb 16, 2005
Maumee sounds good any fees and/or stickers that i need and when are they open and directions would be nice? As for the tracks I ahave been to baja acres and I am hooked on tracks now. Anything closer to Wayne westland area? Milan charges an yearly member fee is the track worth it? how does it compare to baja mx?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…