Where Do You Mount A Whip Flag????????

BigDylan

Sep 12, 2005
I was wondering where on a 2 stroke bike do you mount a whip flag??

also I have a fatty pipe and stock silencer and i was wondering if i should have to rejet the bike when i put on a fmf shorty silencer or will it be okay

Thanks A Lot

Ruff Rider

Sep 14, 2004
BigDylan said:
I was wondering where on a 2 stroke bike do you mount a whip flag??

also I have a fatty pipe and stock silencer and i was wondering if i should have to rejet the bike when i put on a fmf shorty silencer or will it be okay

Thanks A Lot

Use your imagination and possibly bribe a friend who welds to do it for you.

Yes, you will have to rejet. Search 'jetting' for info for your CR

B

biglou

I've seen them mounted right through the top center of the rear fender before. I've never run one though, so I can't say how well that works.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i use a bracket that extends out and back from the seat bolt. it puts the flag about six inches behind your seat and along side the rear fender. it is out of the way and does not require any drilling. i've used it several times with no problems. a buddy used to make them and sell them through the shop he works for. if you want one, let me know and i'll see if he still does it.

some mount them on their axle, not a good location. do you really want a flag whipping up and down around your rear wheel?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
biglou said:
I've seen them mounted right through the top center of the rear fender before. I've never run one though, so I can't say how well that works.

i tried that once before i got the "bracket". it only works if you don't bottom your suspension. the nut under the fender will tear up your tire. i know, i ruined a paddle tire that way.

CspineRider

Jun 16, 2005
go to www.flickwhip.com, best whip holder ever made, you will not break anymore whips, mounts to the side of your rear fender and uses your seat bolt as well. It's super awesome idea. The guy's name is Darin, give him a call and he will ship you one right out. It's the only way to go, dont buy one of cheap swing arm whip holders, as you will break your whips all day long.

Top Bottom