Where have all the 2-strokes gone?? Dirt Rider

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammerface77

Feb 16, 2005
I just bought the latest issue of Dirt Rider and I am completely blown away as to how much coverage there is on 4-strokes and how little on the 2's. Last bike mag I bought was probably a year ago but I was blown away to find that there was next to no information on the 2-strokes.

Are 4's really taking over that badly? I've only ever owned one 4-stroke (DRZ400) - it was a nice, reliable, grunty bike. But I have since returned back to my roots of owning a 2'stroke. I like the simplicity of them, the bark and the snap and the powerband. There may be more regular maintenance to do but at least a guy can do most of it himself. I don't know, I find the 4-strokes too intimidating to work on (at least with my mechanical ability - or lack thereof).

I just hope the 2-s don't get lost in all the new 4-stroke publicity - they're still my favorite.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
they are dead. DEAD DEAD DEAD.

yay! :yeehaw:

i_955

Dec 18, 2004
I heard/read somewhere that Glen Helen is going to have a 125 2 stroke class only.

Can somebody confirm this? I can't remember where I read/heard it.

Rotaholic

Mar 10, 2004
Well bubba proved that 125s arent dead by cleaning up last year. Oh and RC has a yellow 250 that has dominated every race and hole shot, not a 4 stroke in sight.
But yes, there is alot of demand for four stoke reading etc. Cant we both just get along.

Im taking the first steps to peace and am using a four stroke as my tow wagon ;-)

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Rotaholic said:
Well bubba proved that 125s arent dead by cleaning up last year. Oh and RC has a yellow 250 that has dominated every race and hole shot, not a 4 stroke in sight.

Bubba proved that superior talent can overcome inferior equipment. RC and several others are on 250's because they suit the SX application better, check back in a couple of months for the outdoors and see how many of them are still on 250's instead of 450's. Want to see the future of the 125? Last weekend I was at St. Louis and with 102 entries there was 1 actual 125 in the class. The numbers are the same on the West coast with only a single 125 pilot. I love 2 strokes, don't own any 4 strokes but reality is reality.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Yes reality is reality. And sense we are being real, another 4-stroke vs 2-stroke thread isn't needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom