JD-250

Sep 6, 2003
Ok, I have been out of the racing loop for a while so I was disappointed when I didn't see James Stewart racing at anaheim? Why didn't he enter the race? Did I miss something? Also, is he racing the 125cc or 250cc class for the 04 season?

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Bubba is racing in the East series and the Anaheim race was in the West series. Hes still on a 125.

The first schedules East race is on Feb. 14 in Houston.

Last edited:

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Florida!

JD-250

Sep 6, 2003
Thanks! That shows how stupid I am, I didn't even know they separated the west and the east. I guess it would be too many riders if they only had one AMA class so it makes sense.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
The 250 SX isnt separated, only the 125 class is. :)

Crash 142

May 30, 2002
James Stewart is what, 18? 19? He's one of the few guys that SHOULD be in the 125 class. If he is good enough to dominate, let him do it. Let him get all the records he wants. Let him move up to the 250's next year. If you want to give anyone a hard time for cherry picking, look at Brown and Hughes and Larry Ward. The 125 class should be for giving the young guys experience, not for a second chance at a factory ride.

If you want to complain about James Stewart, complain that he's too fast, not that he doesn't belong in the 125 class.

It would be more exciting for us (the spectators) if he moved up now, but let him do what he wants. He's earned it.

JD-250

Sep 6, 2003
I think the other guys won't be too far behind bubba on a SX track. Since the SX tracks are a lot tighter, bubba can't hold it wide open like he does in the outdoors. He will still win the races and that's all that really matters.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
I think the other guys won't be too far behind bubba on a SX track. Since the SX tracks are a lot tighter, bubba can't hold it wide open like he does in the outdoors.

You have seen him on a SX track right? I think it's much worse on a SX track than it is outdoors!

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Originally posted by jboomer

You have seen him on a SX track right? I think it's much worse on a SX track than it is outdoors!

I would absolutely agree with that! I saw him race in the San Francisco SX last year and he completely dominated as usual. He almost makes it look like riding that fast is too easy for him.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
i think he is faster because he can hold it wide open even though it is so tight!!

osheen

Feb 27, 2000
JS will have to milk the heck out of the 125 class for a couple years to top RC's record. If I were JS I would move to the 250s and set my sights on the 250 record books.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
RC was in 125's from what is it '97 to 2000 or 2001 am i right? if i am that is 3 or 4 years, JS is moving up a little bit faster than RC did, hope it doesn't cause him trouble.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Originally posted by osheen
JS will have to milk the heck out of the 125 class for a couple years to top RC's record. If I were JS I would move to the 250s and set my sights on the 250 record books.

Hummm... if I could butt in :)

All from RacerX (Jan 04)

1) Youngest to win a 125 SX main
2) Youngest to win a 125 National Championship
3) Only rider ever to win his first outdoor pro race
4) Most 125 wins in one season (10)
5) Most consecutive 125 National wins (10 and counting)

He beat RC's amateur records

MC, not RC holds the record for 125 SX Wins at 13 (2 more than Stewart has before the season starts)
The outdoor record is RC's at 26, Stewart can (will) break that record this year, he needs only 9 wins to do it.

JS is on target to do in 2 years what took RC 3. The facts speak for themselves, so I'll shut-up. :thumb:

osheen

Feb 27, 2000
I was referring to RC's outdoor record and I guess I didn't realize JS could beat it this year. JS will only have to milk the 125 class this year, which he is fully entitled to do so. I agree he shouldn't be penalized for being so good. Really, he isn't milking it any more than a lot of his predecessors. Smith, Glover, Barnett, RC.........It just seems like a waste to stay in the class when he could probably be milking the 250 class instead! Barring any injury he'll have plenty of time to wax a few 250 records as well.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Wait a second.... RC was a man and moved up after two years on a 125 because he wanted to race MC. And the year he dropped down to get the 125 record he had nothing left to race for in the 250's, he had already clinched the 250 title. I try not to pass judgment on riders but I feel Bubba is soooo much faster than anyone in the 125 class that its just not right for him to spend another year on a 125. But it's not my career so I'll watch and still cheer for the kid.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
HAHAHA!!! WOW and I felt bad for calling a guy a chump!!! OK RC's booty buddy it is. What does that mean exactly? And remember kids read this.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
"Did he say funky butt-lovin?"

If your racing for comaraderie and showmanship, you dont sandbag one race to finish up something you couldnt do beforehand. Its like Nolan Ryan dropping down to play A ball or AA for a game to clinch a strike-out record in the bus leagues. Of course, I dont know what kind of pressure RC's sponsors and team put on him, and I like him, so Ill zip it!

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
I can see how RC dropping down for the record could rub some the wrong way, but would it have been better if did like Bubba is doing and spent a whole extra year on a 125? I don't think so. At least he moved up and went after the top guys. The 125 record must have been a big deal to him so he went and got it. I don't see anything wrong with that, he won the 250 mx title and got his 125 record pretty damn good year if you ask me.

Top Bottom