Barbell

Nov 3, 2003
just like the title says, fellas. does anyone know where i can buy the plastic for a 1997 CR250. black plastic would be nice as my current is scratched up quite nicely.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Rocky Mountain, Motosport Outlet, Dennis Kirk, and Ebay. Almost everywhere has the plastics for the 97-99 CRs.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I've used both and both work and fit well. Also, I think I saw on Ebay that someone was selling complete sets of black plastic for your year recently, so you might want to check there first.
Good luck.

Barbell

Nov 3, 2003
Originally posted by darringer
I've used both and both work and fit well. Also, I think I saw on Ebay that someone was selling complete sets of black plastic for your year recently, so you might want to check there first.
Good luck.

do you personally like UFO or Acerbis or are they basically the same?

If i want to redo my plastic, i would need the front fender, rear fender, side panels, radiator shrouds, and slider forks, right?

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I changed my bike from red to black, used front UFO fender, and Acerbis rear fender. Except for the name, I don't think there is any difference.That's just what I was able to find at the time. I bought stickers for the fork sliders for about $10 to cover the white. I changed fenders, shrouds, and side panels. Although I used black side panels, I have seen white panels with black number backgrounds that looks ok. It's a personal preference thing.

Barbell

Nov 3, 2003
thanks man. i appreciate it. my plastic isn't in too bad of shape now that i look at it, but i am gonna see if i am can pick up a set of UFO plastic for christmas since it is only arond $120. maybe black and red?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom