Where to buy a top end kit on the net? Honda is crazy!

AnTs

Uhhh...
Nov 5, 2005
Im looking to replace my top end on my cr 250, I need to know some websites where i can purchase a whole top end rebuild kit. My dad called honda today and they said it would cost 200 with out any service work for a stock honda top end kit. I said they are nuts, Ive heard people talking about top end kits for 100-120. Anyways if you could post a link for one that would be great.

Another question though, does any one have any reccomendations for a chain? I want a o-ring but i dont want to pay 120 at honda, maybe 60-70 or somthing but 120 is kind of nuts to.

Thanks

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Why a O-Ring? Just curious.

chevy383cid

Aug 26, 2005
I used to deal a lot with Honda of Troy(On my son's xr and my yz) They used to have very good buys on all they parts(OEM and Aftermarket) Great Customer service and fast shipping!! The last thing I bought from them was a OEM clutch basket for my 98 yz125 36.00!!! Now thats a deal!!

jrm

Apr 30, 2002
Service Honda has nice prices on OEM Honda parts. Easy to deal with -- you can order the parts right off the parts diagram. Servicehonda.com.

CR2Fiddy

May 12, 2006
Try ronayers website, I have compared them to many of the online Honda OEM places and they seem to be the cheapest and their service is top notch. You might have to wait about 10 days to receive it though because they dont stock everything usually.

Steve St.Laurent

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 6, 2006
May 4, 2006
I don't know why everyone is so against E-b-a-y on here. I get everything there, from sellers that sometimes have 10,000 or more feedbacks and a 99.9 % positive rating. If those crummy overpriced motorcycle shops had to display their customer ratings in their store window, they would go out of business. I just bought an almost new seat for my YZ for 6.70 plus shipping, a MSR clutch lever and perch for my CR for 8.50, and a cylinder & head for the YZ for 94.00. If you research the seller, look at his feedback, then you are a lot better off than going to an online dealer imo. Obviously, you don't buy a $10,000 dollar Fender Strat from someone on E-b-a-y that just registered 2 weeks before and only has one feedback, but if you are aware of who you are buying from, someone who has a good history on E-b-a-y, then you will have no problems.

:coocoo: Edited because they won't even let me write the name of the auction site on here, that's ridiculous. I am a seller on e-b-a-y and i have never ripped anyone off, but I can mention any Yamaha or Honda dealer in the country if I want, those guys who charge $96.50 for a chain, $44.00 for a 14t front sprocket. Unbelievable!!!

:blah: And no, I don't sell motorcycle parts there, that's not why I wrote all this, I just get tired of hearing people diss on something they know nothing about.

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I don't know why everyone is so against E-b-a-y on here.
Because we got sick of the ENDLESS e b a y SPAMMERS & SCAMMERS posting their CRAP on here. If a dealer (real shop) spams the board, they too are deleted.

Simple really :)

Edited because they won't even let me write the name of the auction site on here, that's ridiculous.
Ah.. but there are many boards out there where you can... you've gotta love freedom of choice.

May 4, 2006
Hey Okiewan, where are you from in Texas? I lived in fort worth for most of my life, last ten years in Alaska tho, used to race at the tracks in that area, Boyd and some others I don't remember, there used to be a great riding spot off 360 we used to go to, it is probably a shopping mall now. also, I love this site, and I wouldn't spam on here ever, also, I was thinking of subscribing to Dirt Rider mag, does that allow me to have "Subscriber" above my name on here? or do I need to subscribe to DRN also? Thx

Top Bottom