Where to dispose of old 2stroke fuel?

I have about 3 gallons of two month old fuel that I need to get out of my tank before I ride this weekend but Im not sure of a good place to dispose of it.
I dont mow my lawn that often so the lawn mower isnt practical.
Any other ideas?

Thanks
JC

splatt

Resident mental case
Add it to the gas tank of your car or truck just before you have to fill the tank. That's what i do with mine when it gets old.

Steve

....and clog the fuel injectors on my truck? NO WAY! Remember this is 2stroke mix not straight gas. Hell, if it was straight gas I would just light a match;)

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
It wont casue any problems with the injectors in the car. It is very little oil. In fact, 3 gallons mixed at 32:1, added to 15 gallons of straight gas, yeilds a ratio of 192:1.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
Run it in your truck and be happy.

I dumped a couple of gallons in my Tacoma and the oxygen sensor went bad a day or 2 later. Maybe a coincidence?

JWW

Lifetime Sponsor
Grab the phone book and call the city. They take oil and gas every saturday in my city. Only problem in Fontana is they keep your can.

Yeah, there's no chance I would ever put it in my $40K truck. I would swallow it before that! Heh!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Send it to me, then. I'll burn it in my pickup. :silly:

Rcannon

Subscriber
I have been using premix in all of my company trucks for years. All of these were new Ford Vans. No fuel related problems...ever.

Still, I got sick of wasting all the expensive oil. I went to a two tany system. I used a sharpie to mark the one gallon line on a two gallon tank. I fill my 5 gallon can with straight gas, then use it to fill to the one gallon mark and add my oil.

It sounds more cumbersom than it is.

splatt

Resident mental case
Originally posted by Amadeus
Yeah, there's no chance I would ever put it in my $40K truck. I would swallow it before that! Heh!

Drink up.

Steve

Would this not affect you catalytic converter?

Originally posted by splatt
Add it to the gas tank of your car or truck just before you have to fill the tank. That's what i do with mine when it gets old.

Steve
If its premixed it will damage your catalytic converter and possibly clog the fuel injectors.
Give it to neighbours for their lawn mowers or snow blowers. I take mine old gas and oil to work and have maintenance guy dispose of it properly.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Do not put the gas in your vehicle. I repeat do not. CA emissions sensors will fail your vehicle at your next smog check. Sustained practice of dumping old premix fuel in your car or truck will fail your O2 sensors and load up your cat converter. I found out the hard way. $2600 later.