where to find parts for 91 and older ktms

hujebich

Aug 9, 2006
I have a '91 300 and no matter where i look i cant find any parts beyond a piston kit.i also need a spark arrestor and chain guide.im desperate as this bike is my favorite.thanx

jtm994

Dec 4, 2006
hujebich said:
I have a '91 300 and no matter where i look i cant find any parts beyond a piston kit.i also need a spark arrestor and chain guide.im desperate as this bike is my favorite.thanx
call a ktm dealer and ask them

keefbikes

Apr 16, 2007
I agree, most dealers will have your parts, and most dealers will not work on your bike do to its age. At least that has been my experiance with my 95. You can find cheap arrestors on JCWhittney.co-, and most parts web sites have them. Alot of them are universal, but make sure it is USFS Approved or it wont do you any good. I have seen them as low as $69. Check Bikebandit.co- as well.

hujebich

Aug 9, 2006
I have asked my dealer and the oldest parts they could get for me was '93.I tried an FMF uneversal and couldnt get the bend on it. im trying to avoid paying someone to custom bend a pipe for me.thanx

sloopy

Feb 16, 2004
yeah i ran into the same problem on my 1989 ktm 350. it was an awsome bike but the parts were not available anymore. i cracked my pipe and tried to buy a new one and no one offered a replacement especially because it ran on the opposite side as usual. i traded my old ktm in on a new one and it was the best thing i have done. the newer bikes handle alot better, and electric start is better than left foot start. my best advice to you is *bay for parts or new bike.

hujebich

Aug 9, 2006
sloopy said:
yeah i ran into the same problem on my 1989 ktm 350. it was an awsome bike but the parts were not available anymore. i cracked my pipe and tried to buy a new one and no one offered a replacement especially because it ran on the opposite side as usual. i traded my old ktm in on a new one and it was the best thing i have done. the newer bikes handle alot better, and electric start is better than left foot start. my best advice to you is *bay for parts or new bike.

i think im gonna get the new street legal 450 exc or a 250 xcw.i love my 300 but it may be time to say goodbye.

Top Bottom