Where to get frame powder-coating done in OC?

TheGDog

Sep 17, 2007
Hi Guys,

I live in Garden Grove, CA (92845). Where is a good (reasonably) nearby shop that I can take my frame to have it powder-coated?

About how much should this cost me, roughly. What is the going rate?

Also what about something like chrome-plating the frame? How pricey is that? I only bother to ask because my next-door neighbor has a plating business so that thought occurred to me the other day.

Might look kinda pimp having a chrome or nickel-plated frame... no?

SVandal

Jul 18, 2007
The shop up here charges about 150-300 depending on the sandblasting and powder. I did the sandblasting myself and bought my own powder and they sprayed it and baked it for 40.00. Just need about 40.00 worth of sand, a 20.00 sandblaster off of **** and a good air compressor and time. Takes about 8-12 hours to get it all blasted.

MaicoCPA

Sep 5, 2006
I have used Olympic Powdercoating in Santa Ana with good results. They charged me about $175 for a frame a couple years ago. Whomever you use, make sure thay have experience with motorcycle frames. Otherwise a good PC job can be ruined by things like grease and oil running out of the frame when heated as part of the process. Olympic does frames for some of the MX and SX factory teams so they know their stuff.

TheGDog

Sep 17, 2007
Coolness.. thanks MaicoCPA.. that's just what I was looking for. Can this particular shop be found in a Google search? If not.. can you please provide the phone numbers and Address info for this place?

43Duc748

May 13, 2004
I'll second Olympic PC. They did some wheels for me a while back. Price was fair and turn-around was good. Top-notch quality too.

SVandal

Jul 18, 2007
the shop that sprayed mine baked it also. They taped off all the holes and put plugs in to protect the threads so it all worked out. It is a shop up in Ridgecrest, about 2 hours from you. If you sandblast it though, it shouldn't cost alot to get it sprayed and baked.

TheGDog

Sep 17, 2007
MaicoCPA... will I have to sandblast the frame first BEFORE giving it to the folks at Olympic? Or do they offer stripping/blasting as an additional charge?

MaicoCPA

Sep 5, 2006
GDog,

Sandblasting was part of the price. In fact, even if you sandblast it first they will sandblast it again as they said they can't gaurantee any job they don't do the prep on.

Top Bottom