Where to ride in Eastern Pennsylvania?

jadestrada

Aug 28, 2000
Hey! I am a beginner rider seeking a place to ride. Right now I ride in my backyard, but most of the trails in the immediate area are too tight for me to properly learn how to ride on with a two-stroke such as my 1991 KX80 (however, there are many trails and once I get better, that is where I'll be).

I am looking for a place to putt-putt around, and possibly someone to do that with. I live in Bucks County, Pennsylvania and will be able to travel once I purchase the needed transportation equipment.

So, I was wondering if anyone knew of a place. I heard of riding at Jack Frost, a ski resort not terribly far from me, but it is a track-based environment, and I would prefer to ride on wooded trails. However, I'll take whatever as long as I can get on out there. I wouldn't mind riding on a track if I had to, I think I might be intimidated once I get out there, even if the only other riders on the beginner/small displacement bike track are half my size (not to mention I would be a little embarassed because those kids probably ride better than me)!

Anyways, I think I have told you a little too much now. I would appreciate any feedback, and you can most certainly contact me via email (jadestrada@jadesmail.com) if you know of a place or would like to ride with me sometime. Thanks for everything, everyone!!

Jade Estrada

cyclers10

Oct 19, 2000
just some info on trax

went to trax park about two weeks ago they have one 80cc and under pewee track, 1 beginner track, one supercross track, and an expert track,the trails they have are very hard, lots of rocks i rarely got out of first and second gear also very tight, i saw alot of bark missing on the trees on the trails, lots of bikes and four wheelers on the weekends, if you go try to go during the week,it will be less crowded and they will let you on all the tracks. the place is nice and i will go back again somtime when i get better still learning like always, i also noticed on the way home that there was trails off the road on rt 80 , dont know how to get there or use them . just to let you know about the place, its fun but kind of hard, see yea in the swamp c10

vetwfo'er

Dec 18, 2000
Hi Jade,

Nice web site!

You can ride at Tower City. They have 12,000 acres of trails for you. You can ride as a guest ($20) or join for ($175/year). Get ahold of me through the email in my profile and I'll get you more info.

Check it out
www.towercitytrailriders.com

vetwfo'er

cr250john

Jun 14, 2000
Jade

My two sons (12 & 14) and I ride at New Jersey Off Road Vehicle Park (NJORVP) in Chatsworth, NJ. I ride a '00 CR250 and both sons ride '01 CR80's. We find MANY riders from PA at the park.

The park has 4 tracks and some directional trails also. The 4 tracks are beginner, intermediate mx, advanced mx, and a quad only track.
Directional trails mean they are one-way tracks so you won't find someone going the opposite direction.
We are yearly members. Kids 14 years old and under are $50/year and adults are $150/year. They also have daily passes at $35.
The NJORVP web site is here => http://www.njorvp.org

To see my kids web sites click their name below.
Matt age-14
Ryan age-12

You can also email me if you like.

jadestrada

Aug 28, 2000
Thanks for the references!

vetwfo'er-
I emailed you about the park; I don't know if you got it.

cr250john-
Thanks for the website; hopefully I'll get down there!

Happy Trails!

Jade Estrada

Bob Tiley

Aug 7, 2001
I live in Bucks County PA also, and haven't found anywhere close to ride. Everywhere is a 2 hour drive. I'll let you know if anything turns up.

Mar 26, 2001
Hey,

I live across the river in Phillipsburg. There are some great places to ride up here. You can take the tracks for miles and then hop off into millions of trails. There would be some excellent places for you to learn to ride the 2-stroke and all the trails are for 4-wheelers so you should have no problem. email me at oconnellfam@enter.net if u ever wanna go riding. My friend and I are goin again on Monday.

KLX4smoke

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2001
Bob Tiley, I went to Rausch Creek on Saturday and the trails weren't all that impressive. You mentioned that it's possible to get to the Tower City area via trail from Rausch Creek, How???

vetwfo'er

Dec 18, 2000
Unless you ride the mx tracks at RC, don't bother. Just drive over to Tower and someone there will sign you up as a guest and you'll save 5 bucks. Then you can ride the 12,000 acres of trails.

Let me know when and we might be able to hook up.

vetwfo'er

Top Bottom