supermike

Apr 29, 2003
So, after looking at the green trail closing thread, and my local area in suffern, NY.... Where can we ride anymore. I'm not into MX, more of an interest in trails, etc. I've been going up to Lembo Lakes, and would like to try paragon- are there any more options local to the North Jersey/ southern NY area (bergen and rockland counties)

flicklee

Jul 14, 2003
I could tell you, but id have to kill you...haha...paragon is HUGE and well worth the trip. I only know a few spots in north jersey i feel safe riding at . our bikes are registered and insured and we have a safe parking spot at a friends house but even so we get paranoid sometimes. this state sucks ass. i wish the dep would do something productive and stop worrying about a small number of offroad vehicles when there are soooo many other things ruining the environment around here. F-them scumbags

RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
places to ride in N.Jersey, hmmm.... have you tried your backyard ?
oh wait you live in NJ. even though you own your backyard its probably still illegal to ride anything other then a bicycle. this is only if the bicycle is DOT legal. :D

if anything people in NJ should try to get together and get some legal riding areas. there is a place called , ummm crap i just forgot the name

JUNGLE HABITAT or something , it was a drive thru jungle safari park like great adventure has. they closed it down years ago and the place sat for years.
steel cages for tigers and big critters, parking lot for over 5000 cars, and on top of all that a bunch of respectfull riders cleaned it up and have been trying to get the state to allow them to open it to the public.

guess what its NJ !!! from what i have heard and this is older news(last year)
they are still struggling to get the OK.

here is the kicker by New Jersey's very own law there are supposed to be a minimun of 3 off road parks in jersey(north,central,& south). to my knowledge there is only 2. besides MX tracks. both are in south jersey and the one is only open on weekends. the other wants $75.00 a day to ride (been lowered to $50 temporarilly) hmmm ya think 75 was too much ? why not just make it 500.00 a day ! and its only like 260 acres split between 3 tracks and a kiddie track. one ATV , intermediate MX, Pro MX, and a short short trail.

here is the only website that i know of for parks in NJ
www.njorvp.org
oh hurry up cause the little bit of land the park is on is only available for i believe 3 more years. either 2006 or 2008 it will be closed !

new jersey and you perfect together

good luck
Red

Top Bottom